Chapter 48 - The Truth

Leila's pov -

I just stared at the pictures on the wall. The beautiful texture, the smiles on the foreign family. A random one.

Smiles on their faces, a beautiful family picture. Mama lied. She said everyone is like us. Mama said smiling too much is not good for family but crying to much is worse. Hugging your family members were haram, talking to your brother is not okay.

So why is everyone looking so happy in that painting?

Maybe everyone wishes they could hug their parents too and painted a imaginary scenario. I want to do that. Maybe I will feel better. Mama lied, she said every man is the same. But isn't Damien like that?

Man lied, she said my future husband would want no more than clean and a son. If a daughter was born, I would be in huge trouble.

Mama never lies to me, she's always right. So why did she tell me so many things but as I step in each direction of it— it's different. The opposite of what she told me.

Am I committing a sin for not being a good wife, for not having my parents blessing? For getting married without their consent? For being a girl? For being born? For making mistakes?

A strain of tears run down my sore eyes. Why does it hurt? 'I'm normal' I keep reminding myself.

I close my eyes for a few seconds and opened them again, i look over to my side and see a pillow. One day I won't see mama ever again. One day she'll leave this world without hugging me once.

I reached my arms out to the pillow.
"M-mama..can I-I h-hug you?" I said with a sore voice.

"Yes"

I closed my sore eyes as tears flood my cheek. I immediately hugged the pillow, it's mama not a pillow.

I need this one hug.

"I l-love you" I said in a shaky sobbing voice. She will say it back.

I'm her daughter.

.....

Why isn't he replying?

She doesn't love me?

She doesn't love me...

And she'll never will

I my heart shook at that. Please don't that sin.

"MAMA!" I yelled and let go.

"YOU DONT L-LOVE ME!" I sobbed and closed my eyes getting up from the bed.
She doesn't love me.

I look over at mama but she's gone!

She just..left!

"U-UNFAIR M-MAMA! COME BACK!" I yell and closed my eyes letting the tears fall from my sore eyes to my cheek. I leaned my head back and cried.

"Mama.." I said again.

SHE DOESNT LOVE YOU!

"MAMA!" I yell and heard the door open. I kept my eyes shut. What if it's not mama!

"Leila!!" I hear a familiar feminine voice. Then I hear more footsteps approach me.

"SHE WONT HUG ME! SHE DOENST
L-LOVE ME!" I yell between my sobs.

I open my eyes and see Amaris on the phone with a panic expression.

Mamas gone.

I looked over at the painting and my heart ripped again. A very loud scream escaped my soft lips following uncontrollable sobs.