12

Ari couldn't dream that... night, or day. She still felt confused about the time in Hell. Groaning, she slowly got up from her place on bed and rubbed her eyes. Another thing she had noticed from being there was how she could be full of energy as soon as she got out of bed, but got super tired at night, making her sleep for a good hours.

The girl slowly opened the door and frowned. Lucifer had told her he was going to be with her before she could notice, but apparently he wasn't even there now that she was awake. So, again, Ari decided to go out and explore for her own until she could find anyone she was familiar with, like Gareth or Cleon, and even Beleth. It was something her 'daddy' didn't like, but a little, little part of her still thought like a grown up girl, so Ari was sure she could just play a fool if caught.

It was weird, though. No one was anywhere to be seen even if she could still hear and see the same demons she was used to see everyday. So Arella kept walking and walking, not really paying attention to the fact she was lost until she entered an unknown part of Hell, which took her out of her thoughts.

She frantically looked at all directions in hopes to see where she was, or at least see someone who could take her back, but there were many demons and souls barely looking at her as they made their way anywhere else. Her eyes started to water and her breath became faster. All she wanted was to get back and Ari mentally slapped herself because it wasn't the first time she had done something like that... the difference was that now she had really gone too far in the place.

"Hey, are you okay?"

A male voice asked, making her look at him with puppy eyes from the panic attack she was about to have. Instead of fright, Ari was mesmerized by the handsome man in front of her: he had blonde, silky hair and a pair of bright blue eyes that were different to any man on Earth could have. They were even more beautiful. He also wasn't wearing black, but neat white clothes that seemed to match her looks.

Ari still flinched when he tried to reach for her, and wondered how was possible that she always met new people (or creatures) by sneaking out of her room, even if she wasn't really doing it on purpose.

"It's okay princess, don't be scared. Are you lost? I can take you back"

"Uh-huh" she nodded. Of course she needed help, and took a mental note not to go too far next time.

"That's a good girl" he smiled. Ari could swear the place brightened as soon as he smiled like that, with his pearly perfect teeth. He was surely a good creature, but it was obvious that something was off from him... as if he didn't belong in there. "I'm Michael, can you tell me your name?"

"I'm Ari"

"Ari? Ari Hart?"

Michael's Pov

The girl tilted her head as soon as I pronounced her full name. I knew something was off when I saw her, but I kind of decided to ignore it as I was thinking about how could I find her. Somehow she ended up coming to me.

Honestly, I didn't need to hear anything else. Of course a little girl like her didn't fit in... such place. It had been ages since I've last visited Hell, but I didn't need to be a genius to know what kind of creatures were here. Not even the Lord himself liked to receive them whenever they had business to do with him in special occasions.

Come to think of it, why was she here in the first place? I wasn't really sure, but I remembered the way to that man's castle, so hopefully I could find him and have a little chat before leaving with Ari.

"Uhm, how do you know my name?"

"It's... It's a long story. Do you think you can tell me why are you here? What happened?"

"I got lost" she shyly said, fidgeting with her fingers. "Was looking for Luci"

"Oh, Luci? And who's that, princess?" I said, still walking.

"Lucifer"

I instantly froze at that name. A few demons looked at me but didn't dare to say anything, instead whispering between them. I spotted some of them running towards the same direction as we were heading and I knew it wasn't good news, as they were probably going to tell him about my presence. However, I focused on Ari now and managed to keep walking, this time a little faster.

"Lucifer you said? Are you hurt? Has he hurt you or something? Oh, the Lord isn't going to be happy about this-"

"But he hasn't hurt me. He and Cleon and Gareth are nice to me! And Beleth, too"

"How come... what have those men done to you? I'm going to talk to him and we can leave"

"Leave?" She panicked. She started to whine, and I couldn't understand why. She was a case to be honest, who would like to stay in Hell?

I started to bounce her a little and rub her back, hoping it would calm her a little. But she was still looking at me with big watery eyes. I knew the Lord wouldn't be happy at all as soon as he could see her, and would surely deal with Lucifer himself. Ari clearly belonged in Heaven, not here with all those demons and souls. I kept thinking of how scared she must had been when he brought her and my jaw clenched.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

I didn't need to guess who that was. Of course it was him.

"It's nice to see you too, Lucifer"

"Cleon, take Ari to her room" he said to his friend. Gareth was there, too, and his dark aura made the little girl snuggle closer to me. Let's say, that's when I decided I needed to take her where she was supposed to be, with us.

Ari hesitated at first but let him take her from my hands. I didn't protest knowing it was pointless, I still wouldn't be able to take her with me yet, since I had only came to be sure she was here. Plus, I didn't want to make a scene right then... again.

"Long time no see-"

He punched me right in the face as soon as I started talking, his eyes of a pure red color. I laughed at it for some reason; remembering many years ago when he would give me the same look before getting here.

But he knew I was stronger. My fist went to his right check and he stepped back in surprise. Gareth tried to hit me but Lucifer stopped him, was he finally being mature? I didn't know, but we started fighting out of anger. Him, because apparently he wanted a toy for himself, and I, because we both knew that little girl was in such place, when she wasn't supposed to.

It was a nice way to start a conversation.

Hi 🙃

I hope you're doing okay. I know I always ask the same thing, but are you liking the story so far? It helps me, as I can know what you like so I can write about it (?

Have a nice day <3