13

Michael and Lucifer stopped for a moment to catch on their breaths. It had been long since they last fought each other and they knew it, even if that fight was nothing compared to the one they had many years ago.

The angel stepped back for a moment, only to sigh and wipe some blood from his nose because yes, they were inmortal but they could still get hurt.

"What? You're tired already?"

"Stop it, Lucifer. You know I can beat you again if I want to, but I'm not here to fight. I came here for another reason"

"That was a long time ago, before you and your Lord sent me and the other angels down to this place. Trust me I've been wanting to end you since then"

He straightened up before wiping some blood out of his mouth, too. Beleth offered him a tissue but he waved his hand in response, before looking back at Michael again.

"If you say so, Lucifer. Anyway, I am not here to discuss anything with you, as I have more important things to deal with than to waste my time with a fallen like you"

"Oh, you're hurting my feelings. Speak now, Michael"

"I've only come to check on something, but thankfully she made it easier for me"

"What are you talking about?" The devil groaned, getting closer to him wanting nothing but to choke him to death, if he could die.

Part of him knew he was talking about Ari but decided not to believe it until he said it himself, and Michael wanted to be very careful with the way he spoke because, even if he thought he could beat Lucifer, he was all alone in that place, with hundreds of demons and souls all glaring directly at him. And, of course, he didn't want to start a war right in that moment for nothing.

"You know, the little girl who is living with you. Come on, Lucifer. You thought we wouldn't notice? That you wouldn't face consequences? It would happen sooner or later. You know she can't stay here, so either let her go now or-"

"I'm not keeping her here, she's free to go whenever she wants to. Arella is the one choosing to stay here with me. Go tell your Lord to mind his own business"

"As if she would choose to stay here with creatures like you!" Michael scoffed, "She belongs in Heaven, not here, and you know that. Why do you even want her for?"

Lucifer took a deep breath, and closed his eyes for a moment. It looked as if he was trying really hard to control himself, or his anger issues, as Michael had once called it. He pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to find the words to let that angel leave him alone already. The truth is, he had almost forgotten about how despicable and annoying Michael could be, and hated the fact that he was there again to remind him of it.

But somehow the devil couldn't tell him about it, he couldn't tell Michael that he wanted Arella to feel loved, and to have someone he could love and take care of. Even if he did, would the angel believe him? Still, Lucifer knew he would know about it sooner or later.

"Get the fuck out of here, Michael. You know we won't let you take her with you" Gareth intervened. He didn't usually swear, and honestly he was what humans would call a 'gentleman', but sometimes he would just loose it (and it kind of surprised Lucifer, too).

"Calm down, demon. Of course I won't be the one taking her where she is supposed to be, but my Lord. I have only came to see she's here and safe, but you already know what happens next, don't you?"

Lucifer chuckled, and his eyes darkened for a moment. Michael wouldn't admit that he, for a little second, didn't exactly feel frightened but surprised.

"You really have the balls to come down to my kingdom and threaten not only me, but my fallen's"

"No, you're not-"

"I don't care what happened when you sent us here" he started, getting closer to him until they were face to face. "But trust me I'm not like I once used to be, so I wouldn't suggest you to try me, understood?"

They stood there, in silence for a few moments, only glaring at each other. The demons had gathered around them in a circle long ago, and were now looking at Michael with anger in their eyes. That's when Beleth, who had been quiet until then for the sake of his own soul, decided to step in before anything else could happen.

He interfered between them both and gave Lucifer a look which apparently worked, because he shook his head and his eyes switched from a dark red to a bright pink, stepping back. Michael did the same thing looking away and realizing things could had gotten worse if it wasn't for his "assistant", as he referred to Beleth (just like Arella had thought, too).

With a hand gesture from his Lord, the demons understood it wasn't time for a fight. But everybody knew something was about to happen, especially Lucifer and Michael. No one had to be a genius to realize how much they despised each other, but apart from that, the situation was exceptional.

It was interesting how a little human could make the entire hell go through such problem, even if it wasn't her fault. And she had barely been there for a short period of time.

"Alright, I'm leaving. You'll hear from my Lord, Lucifer"

He didn't respond, but Michael still turned back, finally leaving the place.

Hi!

I'm not even sure how I'm imagining all of this 💀 but I believe it's getting good!

P.D: I noticed how many cliff hangers I write, so I tried not to this time lol

Have a nice day :)