Chapter 2: The G.O.A.T System

Zachary blinked as his eyes adjusted. He gazed at the translucent blue book, wide-eyed, mouth agape, and face frozen in wonderment.

Zachary had read many system-tagged web novels before he'd returned to his past. He could instantly comprehend what was happening. He was sure that he might be acquiring a [leveling-up system] like all those protagonists in the novels. That was the dream cheat for any passionate fan of web novels.

The system could help him level up his soccer skills and make him a star player within a few years if it was anything like in those novels.

Since he was injured, this was the first time Zachary felt optimistic about pursuing his dream of becoming an internationally recognized soccer player.

With a system, he could become one of the best players in Africa or even in the whole world.

He could then easily acquire mansions, posh cars, supermodels, and big money without ever resorting to robbery and selling drugs like in his past life.

Above all, he could secure a better future for his grandmother that was still suffering in poverty in a remote village in Bukavu.

The sky was the only limit.

'Am I really awake?' Zachary wondered before once again pinching his skin. This time, he chose one of the more sensitive areas on his body to dispel all the doubts in his mind.

"Damn, that hurt," he yelped.

The pain he felt was as real as it could be.

If he was asleep, then this dreamworld or fantasy had become his new reality. And that wasn't a bad thing.

He was glad to accept it.

Zachary calmed his mind and once again refocused on the contents of the virtual book before him.

****
[SPACE-TIME TUNNELING SUCCESSFUL]

----

[G.O.A.T SYSTEM INITIALIZING]

----

[DING]

[NEW USER DETECTED......]

[MATCHING BRAINWAVES.......]

[ANALYZING BODY DATA......]

[ORIENTING TO NEW USER......]

----

[ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL]

----

[DING]

----

[Please select your desired profession to start your journey on the path to becoming a G.O.A.T]

[a) Musician]

[b) Actor]

[c) Soccer Player]

[d) Basketballer]

[e) Other Sports]

[NB: The system will aid you on your journey to ascend to the G.O.A.T status in any of the above professions.]

[Please make your choice after careful consideration. The choice is irreversible.]

****

A smile slowly spread across Zachary's face after reading through the lustrous golden words on the page. He wanted to run, to shout, to tell his grandma what was happening, but he knew he couldn't. He had no way of explaining his circumstances.

Zachary had gone back in time and acquired a freaking system that should've only existed in his fantasies. The system could elevate him to the G.O.A.T status in several professions.