Crispin x reader

You looked around a bit as you stepped off the train, a faint smile on your face. You had just returned from college, which was off the island and on the mainland. You were gone for about two years, but you definitely missed this place, and all the friends you had made here.

"Y/n!!" Speaking of friends, one of them was calling out to you as he walked up.

"Crispin!" You smiled more and pulled him into a hug when he got closer. Crispin flinched a bit from the sudden hug, but soon relaxed and hugged you back.

"I missed you, dammit." He mumbled, just loud enough for you to hear him.

"I missed you too." You pulled away from the hug, looking up/down at him. "But I'm here for good now. I've graduated and I won't be leaving anymore."

"For real?" He asked you, a hint of surprise, yet joy, in his voice.

"Yes, for real." You laughed a bit in response. "I like it here.. I've grown up here, and all of my friends are here."

"Yeah, I suppose that's true." Crispin helped you bring your bags to his car and helped you get them into his car before driving you home. The car ride was fairly quiet aside from some small talk between you two, Crispin asking you how college was and such, before it went quiet again. Well, it was, until he broke it.

"So, uh.. the fair's back in town.."

"Wait really? We haven't been since we were kids! You, me, and your siblings, I mean."

"Yeah, true.. but I was wondering.. if you'd like to go with me?"

"Of course, I would love to! Are you sure, though? I thought you didn't like being out in public like that?"

"Well.." you swore you could hear him mumble "with you, it's not so bad," but you brushed it off.

"Well, what time did you want to go?" You asked the green haired male.

"Uhh.. around 7-7:30?"

"Sure! Sounds good to me."

"Alright, cool." You stared out the window for a little bit, Crispin occasionally glanced over at you. The reason he had invited you to the fair was because he wanted to finally confess his feelings for you. Since you had grown up together, he had gained these feelings for you over time, and they only grew as time went on. Ever since you left for college, he had been waiting for you to come back.

"Alright, we're here." You were snapped from your thoughts as Crispin spoke up.

"Thank you for picking me up from the station, Crispin."

"Of course, Y/n. It's not a problem." You both got out of the car and he helped you bring your things into your apartment/house.

"Thanks for your help. I'm going to get everything unpacked and get myself ready."

"Alright, I'm going to, uh, take a nap I guess. I'll see ya in a few hours."

"Alright, see you!" You gave him a quick hug before walking him out, then closed the door after he drove off before going to unpack your bags.

~~timeskip to the fair~~

"Man, it's definitely been years since we've been here, huh, Crispin?" He only nodded in response as he walked through the gate.

"Come on, let's go look around!" You grabbed his hand and started walking with him.

The two of you went on several rides, well, mostly you, and you played a couple of the games. Crispin had even won you a plush (favorite animal), despite how cliche it is.

The two of you were now sitting away from the crowds after grabbing some food. You were telling Crispin some little stories from when you were away at college.

"Man, that sounds wild, Y/n."

"It really was. I'm just glad to be back here, with you."

"You.. are?"

"Well, of course!" You smiled softly. "...could I tell you something, Crispin?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well.." you took a deep breath, a faint blush rising to your face. "I wanted to tell you this before I left, but I didn't want to make things awkward or anything, but... I love you, Crispin. I have for some time now, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship.." Crispin had to take a few moments to process the words you just said... which you were about to say something else, but you were interrupted by a kiss on the cheek.

"I.. love you too, Y/n. I had actually asked you to come with me to the fair, because I was going to tell you how I felt."

"Wha- really?" You blushed more at his words.

"Yes, silly." He chuckled a bit and took your hand into his own.

"I'm so glad you feel the same way." You smiled and stood up.

"Want to head back to my place and watch movies and cuddle?"

"Sounds good to me." Crispin stood up and walked back with you to his car, then brought you back to your apartment/house, where you two watched movies and cuddled for the rest of the evening.