Cass x female!reader

One more request from Ao3! I got the prompt from a prompt generator

You were headed to the Wizard's place, holding a small bag in your hands. You were going to visit your girlfriend, Cass, as you figured she would be spending all day inside, working. You were going to get her outside for a bit, as you didn't exactly think it was healthy sitting inside all day at the computer, working and working with little to no breaks. It just worried you is all.

You walked up to the door and knocked, waiting a few moments before Howell opened the door.

"Oh, Y/n, it's good to see you. I'm guessing you're here for Cass?"

"I sure am."

"She's in her room like usual. Come in." Howell moved aside to let you in. You walked inside and the door was shut behind you. Without another word, you walked to Cass' room, knowing where it was as you've been here more than enough times. You knocked on her door before you opened it, and as you suspected, she was at her computer, working on something you had no idea about. You walked into her room, closing the door behind you, and went over to her.

"Hey, Cass." You spoke up as you hugged her from behind, making her jump a bit and look back at you. She calmed down, seeing it was just you.

"Oh hey, Y/n. What's up?" She then noticed the small bag in your hand, "what's in the bag?"

"Well I'm glad you asked, because it is..." You let her go from the hug and grabbed a box of sidewalk chalk out of the bag

"...Chalk? Are you serious, Y/n?"

"Yes, I am!"

"What are we, five?" Cass asked you in a teasing manner, turning her chair around to face you.

"Why not? It's nice outside and I know all you're planning on doing is staying in here and working all day. That's not exactly healthy, Cass."

"But I've got to work, Y/n."

"That may be true, but you've got to have some fun too!" You grabbed her hands and pulled her up out of her chair.

"Come on... please, Cass? You asked, still holding her hands. Seeing as there was no point in arguing with you, she sighed softly in defeat and nodded.

"Alright, fine. But next time, I pick what we do for our next date."

"Deal!" You grabbed the box of chalk in one hand, still holding one of Cass' hands, the two of you then walked out of her room and outside. Cass took a moment to realize that you were right: it was nice out today. It wasn't scorching hot, but it wasn't freezing cold, either. You went over to the sidewalk, which not many people walk down anyways, and sat down. You looked up at Cass before patting the spot beside you with a smile on your face. Cass playfully rolled her eyes and sat down beside you on the sidewalk. You opened up the box of chalk and grabbed (f/c) from the box, while Cass grabbed a light blue. The two of you were pretty quiet as you doodled on the sidewalk. You noticed her working on something that was pretty intricate, making you tilt your head slightly to see what it was.

"Whatcha working on over there, Cass?"

"You'll see, Y/n."

"Oh, okay." Though you were curious to see what it was she was, you went back to your own sidewalk doodles, which wasn't much, but you didn't mind, since it was just chalk, but you did draw up some better doodles than others. Besides, you knew not many people were going to see them, and you were having fun with it, that's all that matters.

You were brought back from your thoughts as you felt a tap on your shoulder, making you look up from your drawing.

"Alright, you can take a look at it." Pretty much as soon as those words left her mouth, you scoot closer to see what it was she had been working on. In the most prettiest writing you've seen from Cass, was your names together, which almost looked like calligraphy the way it was written.

"This is really pretty, Cass!" You looked over at your girlfriend, your eyes practically having stars in them. Cass rubbed the back of her head in slight embarrassment.

"You really think so? I, uh, can do a bit of calligraphy, but I haven't done it in so long so I'm glad you like it."

"This is absolutely beautiful, thank you." Of course you had grabbed your phone from your pocket and took a picture or two.

"I want to remember this, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, uh, not at all." If it were anyone else, she would've minded, but since it's you, it's okay.

"I didn't know you knew how to do calligraphy. Could you maybe teach me a thing or two sometime?"

"Sure, I don't mind."

"Sweet!" However, before you could say anything else, you felt a drop of water on your forehead.

"Huh?" You looked up at the sky, feeling a couple more drops of water on your face.

"Rain? I didn't think it was supposed to rain today." You grabbed the box of chalk from the ground, placing the ones you had gotten out back into the box.

"Come on, let's get back inside. We can watch a movie or something." Cass grabbed your hand and the two of you head back inside before it started pouring down rain. You decided to head back to her room and watch movies on her computer since you didn't want to be disturbed by her brothers, though you had a feeling she wouldn't let them.

"Hey, Y/n?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks... for getting me outside, I mean. I know I don't go out much, but that was actually kind of nice."

"It's no problem, Cass, and we can do it again another day! Since I still have the box."

"Cool. For now, let's just wait for the rain to stop and watch the movie."

"Sounds good to me." You two cuddled up under a nice warm blanket as you watched movies for the rest of the evening, until you got tired, in which you moved to rest in bed, cuddling a bit more before falling asleep.