•Chapter 3 : Intrusion of Shadow•

Chapter 3: Intrusion of Shadow

Sua

My heart raced with anticipation as I headed towards the cozy cafe tucked away in a quiet alley. I parked my car outside and started ambling down the narrow path, always aware of Jaesang, my vigilant bodyguard, following closely behind.

Kang Jaesang was hired by Taehyung to protect me, especially from the crazy fans who despised our relationship. Unfortunately, they had found out about us, not by our choice but due to a blunder I deeply regret.

Since our relationship became public, Taehyung insisted that I never go out without security. He was dead serious about it. I couldn't forget the time I went to the club without guards – Taehyung's anger had been intense, and my ears had rung from his scolding.

I walked that narrow alley towards our favorite cafe. This enchanting place, lovingly discovered by my beloved friend Yeji, holds a special place in our hearts.

It has become our cherished meeting spot over time. We've never had the brought BTS members here, always mindful of their need for privacy. Our tradition is to reserve the cozy second-floor area of the cafe, where only three tables are nestled, providing us with an intimate shelter away from any enthusiastic fans or intruders.

It had been nearly a month since I had seen my friends – Lisa, Yeji, and Nayeon. Our lives had grown busier with each passing day, but I had another reason for avoiding one of them lately, and it weighed heavily on my heart.

I didn't want to avoid Lisa, but I also didn't want her to learn about the difficulties going on between me and Taehyung. If she found out, I knew she'd advise me to do something I didn't have the heart to do.

About Taehyung After our last argument last night, we hadn't talked to each other. I left a voicemail, but all I got in reply was a simple "OK," and there were no calls or apologies. I couldn't bring myself to call either, knowing that I'd crumble in his presence.

I wasn't always this weak and emotional before I met him, but now, I feel entirely vulnerable for him. Sometimes I wondered if he was taking me for granted.

My thoughts were interrupted when a bike sped right past me, barely an inch away. Jaesang, my ever-watchful guard, swiftly moved to shield me from whatever danger had just whizzed by. I was ready to give the person a piece of my mind but halted when I noticed the number plate of the bike.

Hwang Yeji.

often affectionately referred to as "The Wild Cat" within our group, possesses an unapologetic boldness that sets her apart. Her words flow freely, unburdened by filters, making her an intriguing and unpredictable presence in our lives. Despite the frequent annoyance and teasing she vests upon me, my affection for her knows no bounds.

In the vibrant world of South Korean entertainment, Yeji has made a significant mark as a well-known producer. Her reputation is anchored in her exceptional producing skills, a talent that has earned her widespread recognition and admiration.

Yet, it's not just her professionalism that defines her; it's also her quick wit and charming attitude, that make her a captivating personality in the industry.

Yeji brought her bike to a halt a few meters ahead, swiveled around, and removed her helmet, her eyes twinkling with mischief.