9• Speculative Beginnings

🌪

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

🌪

"So let me get this straight," Mason begins. He's sitting cross legged like I am, on the floor in front of me. Both of us went for comfy today. He's wearing a red sweatshirt with graffiti on it and black joggers, hair up in a messy man bun. I'm wearing an off-the-shoulder long sleeve lilac shirt with only a band across the back of the top part. Black leggings and a messy bun plopped on top of my head finish off my fashion statement.

Obviously we were thinking the same thing this morning because we look like those stupid couples that try to match when they go to the gym together. What's the term for the friend version of a soulmate? Whatever it is, that's what we are. It's weird as hell honestly. I've never clicked so well with someone my entire life. Including Sid, who up until last week was the only person I'd consider classifying as a friend.

I guess the others are alright too.

"These visions are getting worse and there's different kinds?" He drawls out slowly like he's not sure if the terms he used are accurate. 'Visions' works though. 'Hallucinations' makes me feel like I'm one step away from the Happy Farm. Visions sounds like I'm in the X-Men.

"Yeah, so there's the obvious ones, but there's these times where they're just there, in the real world, and they look around the age they should be today if my guess is right on that. I'm also seeing what I think is me as a little girl. And last night, I was hearing them talk to me directly."

If I'm being honest, the hearing dissonant voices part freaks me out more than anything. I must've been drunker than I thought because it didn't freak me out until I woke up this morning. I don't feel like it's them talking to me. It's more like something they've said to me before that could be relevant to what I'm going through. Or maybe it's just that I know them well enough - deep, deep down in my subconscious - that I know what they'd say in certain situations.

Hell, maybe it's both. Maybe I'm already at the Happy Farm.

Mason looks at me like I'm crazy for the first time and I find myself bristling. He holds his hands up, choking on his tongue. "N-no, wait! I'm not thinking you're crazy!"
I relax my shoulders and raise a brow at him in question, "What, then?"

He shakes his head in disbelief, "It's this situation that's crazy, man. We haven't even begun to dig into this deeper and already the puzzle pieces are confusing as shit."

I snort. I can't disagree with him honestly. I stay confused these days. Rolling my lips, while eyeing his tattered beige carpet, I say, "I don't think we're going to get too far if we just go off my memories."

"What do you mean?"
I look up at him, "Well, think about it. Marc says I've lived with him since I was ten. All of the memories I've seen, I've been a kid in too. I doubt there's much I'd been privy to at that age no matter the circumstances. Even if I remember everything, we won't have the full picture."
He nods to himself, looking lost in thought, "So we're going to need to get our hands dirty is what you're saying. Any clue where to start?"