iv. the lion tattoo

GHOST OF YOU::  iv

GHOST OF YOU
::  iv. | the lion tattoo

It was bright and early the next morning, so their journey continued. So they walked and walked for hours to go on. As they walked, Henry's father was hitching a ride to neverland as they traveled. He caught a shadow and though the shadow tried to shake him off, it wasn't until they reached neverland when Neal was finally pushed off.

Neal tumbled as he hit the ground and instantly bad memories resurfaced. He hasn't been to neverland since he was a little kid but that was only to protect his friends when he was younger. His whole reason being there is Henry but knowing that Emma was there, he needed to find her first. If he was going to attempt to save his son, he needed some reinforcements.

Half the day had went on and none of them were even close yet to locating Henry. Emma hadn't seen Peter again so that was a done deal. As all their legs moved with each step, they were soon bumped into Neal.

Emma's eyes widen, she hadn't seen him since he fell through a portal. She thought he died but he obviously didn't since she was seeing him in the flesh.

"You're not dead after all." Regina broke the awkward silence.

"No." Neal lightly chuckled, "I heard about Henry so I came to help as quick as i could." He sighed, "So, where are we on that?"

"We had a map but it turned into flambé." Emma spoke and Regina rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Well I think I know someone who could help if she's still here." Neal suggested.

"Who?" Charming chimed in.

"Tinkerbell."

• • •

So their journey began to tinkerbell. Regina hadn't heard that name in so long and it brought back some odd memories. Like that one memory she tried very hard to suppress, the one about the man with the lion tattoo aka her soulmate according to the fairy. She shook her head, pushing away the thoughts to focus on the matter at hand.

They soon stopped to rest and to get some water. Emma noticed something was off with regina but didn't want to pry, so she kept to herself.

Soon enough, they all picked back up and continued to hike to tinkerbell's place. Their goal was to get there before dark. Though the journey got harsher by the moment, they still kept pushing.

Eventually they reached camp but tink wasn't anywhere to be found. That was until she sprung on them out of fear. She held a knife against hook's neck.

"Tink, it's me. It's Baelfire." Neal softly spoke with his hands up, an attempt to calm her.

She lowered the knife, "Baelfire?" The knife was put down and she went in for a hug, Neal wrapped his arms around her as well. After the two quickly caught up, that's when Neal told her the reason of why he's returned.

At first she said no. She didn't want to get caught by pan or his goons. But then she met the eyes of Regina and it was an even harder pass until regina decided to talk to her alone.

"Please help us." Regina begged.

Tinkerbell scoffed, "And why should I help you? You ruined me."

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't go in but I found a different kind of love - mother and son. Now, I love my son very much and I will be damned if I didn't do everything to get him back." She continued, "I know you hate me but I wouldn't be begging if I didn't care or love him so much."

Tink caved, "Fine. But it's best if we went at dark."

Right after tink agreed, a plan was formed and then soon enacted. Once it got dark, they began their way to Pan's camp. They were all equipped, at least the ones without magic.

As they got closer and closer by the second, worry came across regina and constant old memories. Henry and the man with the lion tattoo. Ever since that night, she had tons of what ifs. She promised herself she wouldn't ever have what ifs because that would lead to regrets, then wishes. She didn't want to seem ungrateful, longing for someone. But that all didn't matter anymore because all she could think about was that man and what could've been if she wasn't so scared.

Tinkerbell being so curious herself, slowed down a bit so she was walking next to Regina. Regina paid no mind. That was until Tinkerbell perked up a small conversation.

"Why didn't you go in?"

Regina looked up at her, "What do you mean?"

"The tavern. Why didn't you talk to the man with the lion tatto?" She rephrased.

"I-I don't know. I guess I was scared." She admitted.

"Everyone's scared, regina. That's the whole point. But if they don't do it, then they won't get the happiness they deserve." Tinkerbell sighed, "You've come a long way. You have a son and that's great. Don't you think you deserve someone who would bring you flowers and make you laugh uncontrollably - who just puts a smile on your face just cause? I think you do."

Regina let out a faint scoff, "And what makes you think I'll ever see him again?"

"Trust the process. He's your soulmate. You two are meant to be together, it's written in the stars." She gave regina a light smile before quickly walking ahead.

Regina thought about that word soulmate, it sounded weird when Tinkerbell use that word to describe that man because that's the same word regina described cassandra. She never even considered Daniel in that way. It was like she knew she was going to lose him. But she couldn't help but wonder, what if she does meet this man again - the man with the lion tattoo.

Another thing, he was kind of close by as well. I mean, he is the man who helped Neal get to neverland, right?

 I mean, he is the man who helped Neal get to neverland, right?

a/n:
y'all caught onto
that, right? who
this man is lol