vii. witch hunt

GHOST OF YOU::  vii

GHOST OF YOU
::  vii. | witch hunt

Regina put the finished letter in her drawer before getting up from her seat and straightening herself out. She was supposed to go meet the charmings, Emma, and hook at the house. Apparently now, Emma's return with her forgotten memories thanks to hook. So regina headed out to the charmings' place, it was an easy walk.

Five minutes, that's all it took her to reach their residence. She knocked on the door and was soon let in by Emma. The small group were already discussing about this curse when Regina walked in. Just as she thought, they kind of thought it was Regina's fault — another one of her curses.

"I can guarantee you it wasn't me this time. Why would I come back to a world where my son doesn't remember me?" She asked the obvious question that everyone was thinking.

"I don't know regina." David spoke

"So . . " Killian looked between everyone, "What's our next move?"

"Witch hunt." Regina began to make her way towards the door, "I'm going to find the damn witch who's framing me."

Emma chimed in, "Then I'll help."

"I work alone, Ms. Swan." Regina mentioned before leaving out the door to where the witch could be hiding. So she headed to this abandoned house in the town. It's not really abandoned but no one has lived their in forever, so.

• • •

As soon as regina got to the property, she began making her way to the front door. She was midway to the door when an arrow was shot towards her but she caught it mid air. Her back was turned to the shooter but as this archer approached, regina came face to face with whom the arrow belongs too.

"This must be yours." Her voice was stern as she handed the arrow back to the man that stood in front of her.

"Nice catch." He gently took his arrow back, "Thought you were the witch."

"Really?" She slowly nodded, "I look like one?"

"Of sorts." His accent was seeping through.

She unambiguously nodded, "I'm going to continue my witch hunt then." Regina turned on her heels.

"Great, I'll come with you." He spoke and with that, made the queen turn back around to face him.

"I didn't ask for a partner." She told him.

"I know." He nodded.

Just before she turned back to what she was doing, "Have we met before?"

"I don't think I would ever forget meeting you." He sent her a light smile.

Regina then turned on her heels and continued to make her way to the house with robin following behind. They both walked though the front door and began to take a look around the small house.

Regina made her way into the living room as robin just looked behind some doors. As they both concluded, no witch after all. The two found their way to the kitchen and regina took her gloves off.

"I guess there's no witch here." He lightly smiled.

"But there is one out there." Regina mumbled under her breath. She then continued, "Maybe there was a trail. A magical one." She walked over to the cabinet and opened it up. She ran her hands over the vials, trying to get a feel of magic.

That's when robin stood up and reached into the cabinet behind her, "Maybe this one."

Regina turned to face him and he was standing quite close. Her eyes then moved down towards his hand and saw it wasn't even a potion bottle, "Not quite what I was looking for."

"What? You don't like whiskey?" A smug smile appeared across his lips. He then turned around, placing the bottle on the table then back to the cabinet to grab two glasses.

"I just don't think this situation is a drinking matter." She admitted.

Robin poured some in two of the glasses, "I thought this would be a proper introduction. I know who you are. Your reputation precedes you, your majesty."

"I prefer regina."

Robin then turned around, handing her one of the liquid filled glasses, "Well then regina, I'm robin of locksley."

Regina took the glass, "So, the thief?"

"On a technicality, aren't you the evil queen?" He retorted.

With a glance down, her eyes wandered towards his arm as a light hum left her lips, she noticed his tattoo. She noticed it was a lion and without thinking at all, she began to head out after putting the glass down on the table. It was random, a twist of fate that she couldn't or didn't know how to handle.

She found her way back to her office with the same face that she left robin behind. She thought of how impossible it could be and how that it's a million in one chance. She couldn't believe the fairy was right all this time . . .

Maybe their names were really written in the stars.

a/n:
seems like outlawqueen
has met (((: