xviii. the dark times

GHOST OF YOU::  xviii

GHOST OF YOU
:: xviii. | the dark times

Regina smiled as she looked between snow and charming in the holding cells. She was finally getting what she's been yearning for years.

"Look what the cat dragged in." The evil queen had a smirk across her lips.

Snow called out, "What do you want?"

Regina walked up to snow who was behind bars, "My revenge." With only a flick of her wrist, the cell door opened and snow was hesitant to step out. "Fight me. I want to watch you die by my hands."

The princess stepped out, "Gladly."

With a light hum, regina used her magic to appear swords in her and snow's hands. So the two began to fight and there was everyone else cheering them on from the sidelines. David rooting for his wife, Anna dodging while holding baby Neal, and kristoff who just had a smug smile across his face the whole time.

But in the town of Storybrooke, they weren't the only ones fighting. Everyone was fighting because their worst selves were revealed and Emma and elsa had no idea on how to fix this. However, with the label as savior, you learn a thing or two.

Emma realized the best way to save everyone was to understand her, to understand Ingrid. So with the help of Elsa, they both headed to see her but they weren't the only ones. Someone had the exact same idea as them and that was Anna.

After witnessing the fight between snow and regina, Anna gave baby Neal to his mother before going off to find her sister because she decided she wanted to help out as well. So she met them at Ingrid's castle just before they went on in.

• • •

All three of them stood in an open area where they found Ingrid staring into the mirror. All of them took a deep sigh before one of them began speaking, talking down at Ingrid.

"You don't have to do this. . . "

Ingrid turned around to the sound of that voice and came face to face with Emma, Elsa, and Anna. They all had a look of sorrow. They all felt bad.

Elsa then continued, "There are better ways Ingrid. We can talk about this. . . I'm sure your sisters loved you."

Anna then chimed in, "They forgive you."

Ingrid didn't know how to respond. She just stared at them, letting their words sink in. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but she didn't know any better way to deal with her pain.

Finally after a moment or so, Ingrid made a decision. She looked at all three of them as she rose her hands.

"I'm going to give you your memories back." She mumbled.

And just like that, Emma, Elsa, and Anna began to remember their time with Ingrid. They were all different. She was Emma's foster parent, while elsa and Anna's aunt. All their memories were different, but they weren't the worst times in the girl's lives.

"What are you going to do?" Anna chimed in.

"Do what I should've done." A crystal was held in Ingrid's hand as she used both to neutralize it. A glow like spark began to form around her. She knew it wasn't just about helping now, she knew it was her time to go too.

Emma had sorrow in her eyes, she knew what was going on, "You don't have to do this. There's always another way."

Ingrid nodded as the glowing grew bigger, "I believe that, but we both know this is the best thing."

With only a moment later, Ingrid burst into dust. The mirror shattered behind her. Was it all well now?

• • •

As the three ran out of the castle, it was coming down as well as the border around Storybrooke. However, everyone else in Storybrooke were going back to their normal selves —— their darker selves being suppressed, how it usually is.

The three then went to back to the station reuniting with everyone, Henry eventually found his way back to them as well. There were all smiles all around the town. Everyone was happy and presumably safe now.

They ended up all gathering at granny's for a celebration and dinner. David and Anna reunited after so many years, meeting kristoff.

For now it seemed all was good.

For now.

a/n: guys, we're sooooo close !!

a/n:
guys, we're sooooo close !!