Chapter 14 - Curiosity

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, it just took one of its 9 lives.

Rosy
————

I can't bare the looks on their faces

Pity

As if my self loathing isn't enough. I can't see other people look at me with pity. It breaks my heart in a lot of known and unknown ways. Especially from the two people I can now call friends.

Although this is a very sensitive topic for me, it doesn't compare to what Felix showed me today and the lady in the picture who looks like me.

"Rosy!" It was Felix running after me. I choose to ignore him and continue walking down the hallway and outside to the tree where we were a few while ago.

No matter how hard I try, I can't wrap my head around the whole situation.

"Rosy wait!" Felix grab hold of my wrist firmly yet gently, sending tingles and electricity where he touched me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know" he was still holding my hand and I was staring right at his eyes.

I sigh already feeling guilty and terrible for my action "it's not your fault. I'm sorry too. I just don't know how to handle all this and what it even means. And I really don't like talking about my family" I look away from his intense gaze that is making my knees weak and I could just turn into a puddle.

He places both hands on my shoulders making me completely face him. He's very tall. Looking down at me as if I'm tiny.

He lets out a breath and his gaze softens, his eyes roam my face as if his trying not to forget something "we won't talk about them anymore. We'll find out what all this means, I promise. Okay?" This version of Felix is both refreshing and slightly scary.

But I don't hate it at all.

I find this the right time to push his button and take advantage of his softness "you like me Brooks, admit it" I grin up at him. His concern seeming to ease whatever worry I had earlier.

He lets go and rolls his eyes at before turning on his heel "You're always ruining the moment Harper" he mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh c'mon. I make moments magical" I catch up with him and grin titling my head to the side. He looks at me, his eyes lingering on my face before he shakes his head and pick up the pace.

Spencer was already waiting for us by the door to our final class.

Gladly, they didn't bring up the topic for the remaining part of the day.

—————

I walked inside an awfully quiet house.

It doesn't even surprise me anymore. Either my parents are out or they're locked in their room. As for my sister, I haven't seen her since that night.