Chapter 15 - Past

Yup, we were meant to be!

Felix
————

What the actual fuck is going on?

"Yup. I need to talk to him and show him this too" Rosy said her eyes not leaving the picture for even a second.

And I thought what I found was huge.

I clear my throat which got both their attention. Rosy place her phone in her bag and looked at me.

"I found something too" I take out the picture from my notebook and look up at both of them.

Rosy was turning a bit red showing her rising anxiety. And Spencer ...well..he was Spencer.

Turning the picture to them, I close my eyes for a brief moment at the silence.

Rosy took the picture from me. I can see her eyes water and I don't know how to feel about it. I want to hold her and wipe her tears away but I don't want to send any type of message to her.

"That's me and..

She sobs and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. As if on instinct, Spencer and I both rush to her side. I sent him a look and he gave me the same. Wanting to do something but having no damn clue on what to do.

So Spencer being the friendly one and more emotionally available friend, wipes her tears and gave her a hug.

I don't know if I hate this or appreciate it. The first option is a little more overwhelming.

"What is it?" His voice low and soothing. Something I wish I could do for her.

"That's me as a baby with the same lady who was in the picture and my...my grandma" she wipes her face with the back of her hands and stood up, catching us both by surprise.

"I'm getting answers today" she took off, speed walking out the woods while we call after her.

"Rosy!" I yell making her stop for the first time since we've been calling her.

"Where exactly are you going?" She doesn't turn around.

I take a step closer to her and I could tell she was sobbing by the way her shoulders were moving.

I turn to look at Spencer who had the same worried expression on his face.

"Rosy, you don't have to do this on your own. We can help" I want to hold her hand but I refrain from doing so.

"I know that" her voice raspy and broken.

An uncomfortable feeling sits on my chest and I absolutely hate it.

"But I have to do this on my own today" she starts walking again without even turning around.

"I promise I'll tell you everything I find out tomorrow" she straightens and took the curve to her house.