Chapter 25: Missing Togrutas & Past Scars

The fight on Umbara felt like it took an eternity to be over and for the capital, to be taken by the Republic. During the whole time, Sheira did not manage to see Obi-wan from close, having been kept occupied taking down the enemy while Krell was trusted to take down the suppliers of the enemy.

It was a long, never-ending battle under an endless night sky. Yet, amongst those dark days, she and her troops came closer and closer. When they were so close to taking the capital, Sheira was called away.

The new Republic ships and reinforcements would just arrive and her troops were needed on another battlefield. Left with no choice, she had to leave before she could see Obi-wan after taking over the Capital. She did not like that but she knew she could not do anything about it.

She did not know, however, that soon she would have her chance as another adventure awaited her.

-------------------------

Zygerrian slavers are behind the sudden disappearance of an entire colony of people on the planet Kiros. As Anakin, Sheira & Ahsoka rush to defuse a series of bombs planted by the slavers, Obi-Wan must fight with their imposing leader.

It was known that despite the laws, slavers existed all across the galaxy. And now, with the war taking place, they could run their businesses far easier than before, with even a much bigger cargo for them to sell.

Sheira knew that, she hated remembering it, but it was part of reality. That did not mean that she would not do something about it when given the chance. For when a distress signal came from Kiros, she was the first to volunteer for the mission.

With Dooku behind it and the Separatists, all felt too personal for her to simply miss out. This is, what others thought, and feared too. A more personal mission, bore higher risks of a Jedi acting carelessly. While she had proved herself after her trials and even with hen troops, the council was still hesitant to agree.

That was until Obi-wan entered the picture. Using his talking skills, he supported Sheira and gave promised her integrity during the mission. Promise that this would be dealt with professionally, along with the fact that Sheira had studied and had jailed slavers during some of her more solo mission or under the leadership of Plo-Koon.

This is how, she found herself back on the light cruiser of Anakin, along with the said Jedi, Obi-wan and Ashoka. Seeing them all back together, made her for a moment forget the darkness that had been eating her heart ever since she heard the news about Kiros.

Their reunion though was cut short since their trip to Kiros was about to start. Transport ships were dispatched from their light cruiser and sent straight towards the peaceful planet of the Togruta. Clones had also been dispatched, none fully aware of whom they would meet down there.

While the original scan showed no activity of ships around the planet, they could never be too safe. At last, they were on the planet and were already on the move. While troopers used their machines or worked, the Jedi heroes had their means of transport.

A special two-seated hover, with one Jedi piloting and the other behind the gun. It was silent, fast and effective. Anakin piloted the first one, taking into consideration his skills, while Ashoka was responsible for the gun.

Similarly, Obi-wan was the one piloting and Sheira was by his side. She had her fair share of using guns and blasters, and while her aim might not be the best, she could still take down someone if she had to.

Being by his side once again, almost made her forget the time that had passed since she was no longer his padawan. For a moment, it felt as if nothing had changed. That feeling, however, did not last long for there was something odd about the planet.