Chapter 28: Undercover Mission = Failed

They had all moved to the balcony, watching over the advanced city that was created and sustained on the slavery and the death of others, with no regard for life. Sheira was mentally repeating the Jedi Code in her mind as she stood further behind Anakin and the Queen.

It helped calm her down and kept her focused, the unsettling feeling in her guts having started to worry her. With hands by her side, fingers faintly played with her skirt as she waited, wondering how Obi-wan and Rex were doing.

Suddenly, the Twi-Lek slave of the queen grabbed a knife from a tray and tried to stab the Queen. Anakin, however, moved fast and not only knocked the knife away but also pushed the slave with enough strength to send her on her back.

"What are you doing with that, slave?" she asked her, furious at her attempt. Wanting to punish her, she grabbed her electro-whip. "Slavery is a natural order of things. The weak deserve nothing more than to be near the strong. Bound to our service. I will need men with your talents, to spread our ways across the galaxy"

Two guards grabbed the Twi-Lek slave and held her but she kept fighting them with all the strength she could muster. "Let me go!"

Angry, the guards released her but they were not done with her. "You dare raise a hand against your master? Cleary, you require further processing. I won't go back there!" Fear was visible on her face, and she started to take steps back as the guards kept approaching her.

In a shocking turn of events, she fell backwards from the balcony. Anakin rushed to catch her but he was too late. "Wait! Stop!" All he could do now was watch her lifeless body that had landed on the street below her.

Ashoka was shocked by the scene and her heart started to race, feeling helpless to do anything but watch. She realized that the Twi-Lek preferred to die than to continue to be a slave and that was something she had never encountered before.

Sheira bowed her head in respect to the Twi-Lek, for her attempts to try and free herself by any means necessary. Her hands turned into fists, holding her skirt in a deadly grip. It was not the first time she had seen a slave takingir own lifto to be free. She was witness to one, back at the spice farm. After some abuse from the spice trthers, tle woman felt sick to the touch and could not take what they had done to her.

She had tried to escape, knowing very well that her collar would kill her once she tried to cross the boundaries of the camp. And it did, giving her a quick but painful death that eventually resulted in her freedom. That did not mean, however, that the other slaves did not witness and even tried to stop her.

"Such a waste. But perhaps she was more trouble than she's worth" the Queen said, not caring at all about what happened. To her, Slaves could easily be replaced daily. She focused back on Anakin. "But you Lars, you are proving quite resourceful. Very well, I will pay your price for this slave girl. It seems I am... in need of a new servant"

Anakin gave a small bow, extending his one hand. "She is my gift to you, your highness"

This pleased the woman. "You are a man of many surprises. It pleases me. I wish you to be my guest at the slave auction. And to sit at my side."

He straightened his back. "It will be my greatest honour, your highness. As a thank you for that, allow me to lend you, my slave. If you require any further assistance while I am present, she is yours to command"

They looked each other in the eyes for a moment too long, before the queen noticed Sheira standing next to Ashoka. "Hmm," she exclaimed as she walked towards her. The Miraluka bowed her head deeply, hands flat by her side as she waited. She felt the fingers of the queen grabbing her chin and forcing her head up, inspecting her like an exotic animal. Taking a deep breath, Sheira pushed back any dark memories and tried to empty her mind of them. The Queen continued circling her like a predatory beast, before returning to Anakin. "She is of fine stock as well. It has been a while since I had a Miraluka Slave. Always so quiet and timid, one of the easiest to force into submission" Sheira tensed faintly but it was barely noticed by anyone, other than Anakin and Ashoka. "Very hard to find them these days, with the new laws and the republic" she almost hissed, showing how much she hated the capital.

Apprentice of Kenobiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें