Chapter 14: Trouble on Board

Back at the Cargo ship, the three padawans were on their way to the Bridge to check what was going on when...the ray shields got activated, preventing them from continuing.

"I don't like that sound," Sheira said, being unable to see them but had gotten familiar with the changes on sound when such rays got activated.

"Someone doesn't want us going up there," Ashoka said.

Barriss attention went to the panel at the bottom. "I'll attempt to override the controls" with those words, she bent down to get to work.

That was until Sheira felt something odd. Immediately, she grabbed and activated her sabre before using it to block attacks from the clone. Barriss decided to join and disarm him, cutting the weapon but the clone was not done.

He grabbed her shoulders and opened his mouth, a weird yellow worm coming from it and attempting to attack her. She lost grip at her sabre but Sheira used the force to send it back at Barriss, knowing it was too dangerous for her to try and save the younger padawan.

The girl grabbed it and immediately activated it in front of the clone's stomach, killing him this instant. She pushed him off her, but the mysterious worm attacked her, wrapping around her neck.

"Get this thing off me!" she shouted as it tried to enter her mouth or nose.

"Stand still" Sheira ordered, using the force to push it off her.

Barriss stumbled forward but the worm was off her. It flew on the air and Ashoka was fast enough to cut it in half with her green lightsaber.

The three girls stood in a line, watching the mysterious worm struggling but still being alive despite being cut in half.

"What is that?" Ashoka asked in disgust.

"Looks like some type of parasite. It must be controlling their actions" Barriss pointed out.

"That would explain the change of behaviour," the Miraluka said.

"Mind control. Well, that explains a lot. Trap was my friend. He would never have tried to kill us" Ashoka said as the two younger girls bent to have a better view of the creature. They picked each half, barely struggling as they inspected it. " How did these things get on board in the first place?"

"Hmm," Sheira exclaimed and tapped her chin. "They must have infected the clones while they were on Geonosis.

"We'll have to quarantine the ship"

Barriss nodded. "We should also contact Master Fisto and let him know about the situation"

Sheira helped them stand. "Let's go then"

===========================.=.=.

They wasted no time running for the communication centre when a familiar sound reached their ears. They came to a halt in the middle of one of the many endless white and grey corridors.

"That sound. It's..."

"Geonosian" Ashoka continued after Barriss and the trio followed the sound.

They came to a halt in front of the door of a storage room. Ashoka and Sheira hid at the left and Barriss at the right while they popped their heads slightly to glance of what was going on inside.

Many clones were gathered, one talking in Geonosian while holding the same worm they had killed before. A clone, who was mind free, was held prisoner and apparently would soon be infected with the parasite and be under the mind control his comrades were.

"We have to help him," Ashoka said and was about to step forward when Sheira placed her hand on her shoulder to stop her.

They all kept watching as the parasite entered via the clone's mouth and the man started to fight but, in the end, he lost and his eyes turned back as he went limp. Then, he stood up like a well-maintained robot.