33. Cluster of Confusion

Alright, I'm doing it

Alright, I'm doing it. I'm taking the leap, putting it all out there.

There's no time like the present.

My eyes slide over to Grayson, and the way he's watching me tells me he knows exactly what I'm about to do.

The taste of a premature victory has my smile growing as I move my gaze across the table. "I'm making an accusation."

"Already? Come on!" My brother throws his hands in the air as my sister drops her head to the table.

Their reaction only makes me sit up straighter as I announce my theory. "Mrs. Peacock, in the Lounge, with the Candlestick."

Boom. Victory.

I don't even need to check the envelope in the middle to know I've won. By the frantic way all of their eyes start double checking their cards, I know I've nailed it. But, out of due diligence, I reach for the secret envelope and slide the cards out one by one.

What do you know? A stunning Mrs. Peacock, a beautiful lounge card, and that dirty old candlestick.

"Read 'em and weep people," I lay the cards out on the table for all to see.

"And you say I'm cocky," Grayson raises his brows, a smile pulling at his lips as that little glow to his eyes shines brightly beside me.

"How do you always guess so fast?" Lucas throws his cards at the board, a genuine defeat taking on a head of anger.

My shoulders rise, dropping down as I begin to gather up the cards. "It's a talent."

Grayson's still eyeing me, the heat of his gaze drawing my eyes to his. "Got something to say, Adler?" I challenge him.

But when I catch the way his eyes darken, the way that smile of his slowly morphs into a subtle smirk, I read everything I need to know. The heat pooling between my legs is a mere reaction to the thoughts I know are filling his head.

"Let's go again," Brooke announces, causing me to jump as I return my attention back to the two sitting across from us.

"You really want to lose twice tonight?"

"Three times," my brother suddenly perks back up. "If we're counting the football game, it would be three losses for her."

"Oh, we're counting the football game," Grayson finally chimes in, his leg now resting against mine beneath the coffee table.

"That's not fair," Brooke drops her hands against her lap. "That was a mismatched event of teams. This is totally different. And, I don't plan on losing this next game."

"Wanna place a bet?" My brother's eyes twinkle, that sinister little smile of his shining bright. "You're already cleaning the bathrooms, why not add my bedroom to the list?"

"Fine," Brooke holds out a hand. "I win, you're back to cleaning the bathrooms. You win, I'll clean your grubby room."

"As much as I love the idea of my kids placing bets," my mom enters the room already wrapped up in her robe. "It's time for bed."