Chapter 1

Author's note:
The first chapter is already up as a treat for sevsnapes on Tumblr! There will be a new chapter every Friday, so chapter 2 will be out on 10/14/2022! I hope you enjoy🥳
———————————————

Word count: 1.4k
Warning: Mentions of death and snakes

It's almost a year since the Wizarding War finally ended. After so many years with chaos and death, there is now peace in the Wizarding World. Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort once and for all. All there is left of him is dust.

During the Battle of Hogwarts, the light side lost a lot of life. However, one particular life was saved that night.

The Boy Who Lived saved the man who everybody believed was a traitor - Severus Snape. The boy had a vial on him containing the antidote to snake venom - better be safe than sorry, right?

Well, this decision saved a man's life. As Severus was dying from Nagini's deathly bite in front of the Trio, Hermione Granger kept her head cool and reminded her friend of the antidote in his pocket. Harry quickly made sure that his former Potions Master took the potion before it was too late.

Feeling certain that it was too late for him, Severus offered a single tear so the boy could access certain memories. Memories that would show Dumbledore's plan, memories that would prove that Severus was in fact on their side.

A few days later, he woke up in St. Mungo's Hospital. He couldn't believe it - he was alive, the boy saved him in time.

When he woke up, his only living friends were beside him - Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy and Minerva McGonagall. Even the Boy Who Lived was there.

Severus couldn't help but flinch when he saw Minerva - he was sure that she was still mad at him for everything he had done. However, she proved him wrong when she hugged him tightly, making sure not to hurt his neck.

"Oh, Severus! I'm so glad you are okay!" Minerva exclaimed.

"You... You aren't mad at me?" he whispered, not sure if she truly meant what she said.

She smiled at him. "Nonsense, you dunderhead! You are a hero, Severus" she stated.

Harry then stepped forward. "That's right, sir. You are truly a hero" he agreed with her.

That made Severus roll his eyes. Great, he's now apparently a hero. Hopefully he will be able to live a peaceful life now...

Once Minerva let go of him, Lucius hugged him tightly as well. "I'm so glad that you are alive... The Ministry has pardoned us thanks to Cissy lying to the Dark Lord. Everything will be okay now, my friend" he said as he smiled.

Severus slowly nodded as he hugged his friend back. In that moment, it felt good to be alive... He felt loved and appreciated, even if it was only by a very few people. Well, a few people who mean the world to him. Perhaps life will be better for him now.

Now, a year later, everybody has moved on and is living their best, happy life. Well, everyone except for Severus. He is enjoying the quiet and peaceful life, but it's like something is missing.

Because of his heroism, he received a lot of Galleons from the Ministry as a thanks for his service. Lucius insisted that he used some of the money to get his home in Spinner's End renovated - a hero simply cannot live in a place like that.

After a lot of eye rolling and sighing from Severus, he reluctantly agreed and got his home renovated by magic. Only the inside, however - the Muggles would just be suspicious. Who has enough money around here? And who can renovate their home so quickly?