Chapter 8

Author's note:
As a thank you for 500 followers on Tumblr (yan-senna), I have posted the last chapter earlier! I hope you enjoy! Also, happy New Year!🥳
———————————————

Word count: 2.1k
Warning: Death and mentions of scars

Severus is sitting on the couch in the living room. He's trying to read the book in his hands, but in reality, he's thinking about someone. The young woman in the guest room.

Ever since Lopsy made them go for a walk together a few months ago, he has started to think differently about the girl. He won't admit it to anyone, but he has slowly fallen in love with her...

He curses himself for thinking that. Soon they will stop the curse once they have found Bellatrix, and once that's done, she will leave him forever. She will never want to see him ever again.

His train of thought is interrupted when he hears a knock on the door. He can feel his heart starting to beat faster. It must be Lucius. Maybe they will already break the curse now... He closes his eyes for a moment. If only he could get one more moment with Y/N...

As the knocking gets louder, he sighs before leaving the couch. He slowly walks towards the door and opens it. "Lucius, Narcissa, Minerva- Potter... Did you find her?" he immediately asks.

Lucius looks at the others before sighing. "Yes, we did... We need to tell you something, Severus" he says. Severus notices that he sounds rather distressed. Why would he be distressed if they found her?

Shrugging it off, he lets them inside. Once all of them are seated, everyone is silent for a moment. That irritates the former Potions Master.

"What is it?" he demands, wondering why they aren't saying anything.

Narcissa gains the courage to speak. "We found my sister..." she whispers.

At that, Severus rolls his eyes. "I understand that. And?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at them.

Minerva chokes. "Oh, Severus..." is all she says. Their silence is driving him crazy. What aren't they telling him?!

As he looks at Harry, the boy sighs. "Well, somebody has to tell you... Bellatrix Lestrange cursed you in order to get revenge on you for betraying Voldemort," he says, ignoring the others' gasps as he continues.

"She said that the only thing that can break the curse is if the person you are bonded to loves you. You know, true love" he explains.

Severus huffs. "Great, so you are telling me that the girl will have to stay here forever?" he asks. He's confused when the boy hesitantly shakes his head.

"Not exactly... You are dying, sir. You will die the next full moon if she doesn't love you" he finally spits out.

After hearing his words, the others let their tears fall. Severus merely stares at the Boy Who Lived. He's... dying? And he can't do anything to prevent it?

"I'm... sorry that you saved me for nothing" he mutters as he looks at the boy.

Harry almost jumps up from his seat. "Don't say that! I would do it again! There must be something we can do! There must..." he says, trailing off as he starts crying.

Severus doesn't scold him for crying, doesn't come with any snarky remarks. Instead, he wipes away a tear that's about to fall down his own cheek.

"There's nothing we can do... The girl could never love me. We simply have to accept what's going to happen" he mutters, praying to Merlin he doesn't sound as sad as he feels.

Lucius sniffles before hugging his friend tightly. "No, we can't lose you..." he whispers.

As they all cry, Severus can't help but think about the girl... He wishes so deeply that he could spend more time with her, but he can't. She could never fall for him, but he understands. At least she will get her freedom soon...