Chapter 1 - Is this a dream?

"What is it Sudou-kun? Cat got your tongue?"

That sharp tone had woken me up as my vision gets clearer

Suzune? She has long hair too... we're also wearing Uniforms belonging to my old school... ANHS...

I stared at Suzune with disbelief and told myself... haah.. how pathetic dreaming of my first study session with Suzune.

Even so, even if all of this was a dream maybe I should go along with the flow....

"Uh, no please continue"

All of the people present in the table looked at me with surprise in their faces.

"O-oi Sudou she just insulted us and you're just going to take it like that?"

Yamauchi spoke while Ike continued to look at me in silence.

"Hmph, seems like you understand that this is your fault for being so dumb I wonder how the school admitted all of you in this school."

I smiled in response. Even if she was like this she wasted time for us.

"That's it, Sudou I'm leaving this Ice queen, she thinks too highly of herself" Ike blurted out.

"Yamauchi. Ike. Please just this once. She wasted her time with us so shouldn't we try a little bit harder?"

I wouldn't have said this at the start of school but Suzune is really endearing she has my respect despite only having her attention towards her brother and... Ayanokouji...

"Sudou, I'm just saying this for your sake as a friend. Don't let her trample over you if she thinks so highly of herself leave her alone at the top but I won't just stay quiet as she drags us down to the bottom."

Despite Ike being part of the Idiot trio, I fully know well as his friend that he has his own smarts. I'm really glad he got along with Shinohara.

"I understand. Ill do you both a favor what do you guys say?"

Ike and Yamauchi looked at each other and sighed.

"You better" they responded.

"I'm impressed Sudou-kun to think you're able to somewhat redeem yourself, I guess I thought too lowly of you."

"Hehe, I'm glad there was no conflict to rise that really scared me."

Kushida huh... even though she betrayed our class' expectations she was part of the group who united the three classes against... Ayanokouji. She may have her reasons for doing this so I'll leave her alone.

Horikita gave us questions to answer once more but since Ive already studied this part I was still somehow able to get a high score. I don't remember everything clearly but I ingrained into my mind the study sessions Ive had with Suzune back then....

"Oiiii Sudou, did you perhaps fukin cheat!!!"

Yamauchi said while Ike nodded then glanced towards Horikita.

"I kept my eye on him theres no way he did but this is quite suspicious... Sudou were you holding back before"

Ah crap... even if this was a dream I still want to do my best to get along with Suzune.

"Su- Horikita-san, I just felt bad about my pathetic performance back then.. so I really just studied real hard to get here"

"Can't believe Ken! Our Ken had surpassed us!" Ike and Yamauchi said dramatically.

"That was impressive Sudou-kun!! See Horikita-san they could do it if they tried"

Horikita looked at us with silence and continued the session. I helped Horikita to teach some of the basics to my friends and it went well.

---

After the study session...

"Sudou-kun I may have misjudged you but keep this in mind. You'll have to do a lot more than that to get my recognition."

Suzune is so fuking cute... damn am I down bad for her? If I didn't know her future self I would have flared up in anger.

"Haah, I really love Suzune"

"..."

Wait what did I just say?

Kushida and Ayanokouji widened their eyes.

"Kyaa! Sudou-kun go for it!!" Kushida excitedly said.

"Woah woah woah, Sudou are you 'that type'?"

Ike said with concern all over his face

Oh shit oh fuk Suzune's going to hate me for this....

"I didn't recall giving you the permission to call me by my first name! How insolent!"

What that's what she's angry about? Didnt she just hear my declaration of love?

She brought out a compass but Ayanokouji stopped her

"Uh Horikita-san, you should forgive him since he's already kneeling in front of you."

"..."

"Hmph next time, it will do you good to remember respect now I shall leave " Horikita stormed off with an expressively angry face.

Damn.. even when Angry she's too cute... what a good dream, it completely replicated Horikita-san's very being.

Then I felt someone slap my back

"Maaan, didn't know you had it in you to suddenly confess wheww, if she's your type I ain't stopping ye." Ike said with a smile.

"Uh thanks I guess but don't misunderstand Su- Horikita-san she's just really having trouble expressing herself"

Ayanokouji looked at me with a troubled(?) expression at my statement.

Kushida just nodded while saying uhn uhn.

---

"Yo Ayanokouji!"

Even if this was a dream, I still wanted to make it up to him.... he... I feel bad for him.

"Thanks for convincing the rest of us to go along with the study session" I said while I bowed my head.

"Uh, Kushida was the one who convinced you guys though."

"Uh, well you still did convince Kushida to do that so thank you!"

Still so humble huh even in my dreams, I thought in my dreams he would be more direct... heh... I miss this dude... I want know why he ended up like that... but we never learned of his parents. Thinking like this got me sad.

"Sudou-kun are you ok?"

"Ah no no, Im just remembering bad memories, dont mind but... Ayanokouji, since I'm your friend... don't be afraid to tell me whatever problem you have..."

"Uh, I don't really have any but thanks"

How can he say all of those with a straight expression. I frowned.

"Ayanokouji! Promise me that you would stay as my friend and tell me your troubles?! Ok!?"

I grabbed his shoulders and he looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"Th-thanks I guess, that makes me happy" he said again with an expressionless face.

"Alright that's all"

As I turned around... even in my dream I can never make him express his emotions... why is it so hard.. what did he experience to be like this?

---

Next day, I had woken up.. I was still in the school dorms...

"Hey, you've got to be kidding me... am I really dreaming?"

---

1110 Words