{Chapter 20}

3rd Person POV:

"We will be there by morning!"

Esme, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie of the Cullen family as well as Lucifer's dad, Charlie, stayed in the waiting room of the hospital all night. None of the nurses or any other staff knew what was going on with the surgery, so their only option was to sit and wait.

It was ten o'clock the next morning when the doors of the hospital entrance burst open to reveal the kings and all four elite guard members. "What's going on? Is Lucifer out of surgery yet?" Aro immediately started to question Rosalie, ignoring everyone else for the moment. "We haven't heard anything. He's been in surgery since he got here last night." Rosalie told Aro. Just then Carlisle walked through the double doors in his scrubs making everyone jump out of their seats to huddle around the vampire doctor. "There were a lot of injuries and we fixed as many as we could. He is being taken to the ICU right now. So far he is doing well but he is still in critical condition." Carlisle was going to talk more but one of the nurses said that another patient was needing an emergency surgery so he had to race off again.

The kings immediately sent off all four elite guards to track down Edward, Alice, and Isabella to lock them away for a trial after everything with Lucifer is sorted out. The four guards went back to the site of the crash where Demetri caught their scents. Demetri led Alec, Jane, and Felix on their trail. The scents led the group to a hotel in Seattle. Edward and Alice knew as soon as they saw the guards that they were outnumbered. The two tried to get Bella and run but that didn't work. Jane used her power of causing pain on Edward while Alec used his sensory deprivation on Alec by taking away all of her senses and making her run into a wall. Demetri tore off Edward and Alice's heads leaving Felix to deal with a struggling Bella and with each twin having to carry a body. The four person team took their three prisoners to a secret Volturi property with a sound/vampire escape proof and locked them in the basement they made specially for vampires going against volturi laws. Then the guards returned to the hospital to wait out any new information on Lucifer to be given.