Stubbornness lands you in trouble.

The shivering hands of Shaira were a sign to her that she should have dressed more warmly. Today she went to school early than she had expected. She had to prepare for the upcoming musical. Her school music room was perfect for that. Her fever was down -or at least what she had made herself believe this morning. She could be careless sometimes. Her brothers were well sleeping because they hung out even after dinner.

"Mam, we are here."

Shiara thanked the driver and ran towards the school door as she was feeling very cold. The school was quiet. very quiet. When Shaira first started to go to school early, she was afraid of roaming in empty hallways. Her haven was her Music room which none could enter without an entry card. Shaira still got chills thinking about all the times she had gone hiding around here just to get away from Costella.

She swiped the card and open the music room and rubbed her arms to lock the heat.  She put her bag down and opened her bag for her music notes when some paper fall on the ground in between the files. Shaira sighed and bend down to collect the papers. Her eyes flickered when she saw that they were custody annulment papers. It had apparently got mixed up with her notes as she was in hurry today.

"I need a second chance."

Her mind recalled. Shaira caressed the paper which was wrinkled due to the fall. Her mind was constantly fumbling over her last night's conversation. Her line of thought was interrupted as she sneezed.

"I would say 'God bless you but seem like he had already done it."

Shaira rolled her eyes when she saw the owner of the voice. "What? That was cute, isn't it?"
Sebastian said walking straight into the room.

"Why are you so early?" Shaira said putting the annulment papers back in her musical notes. An act that hasn't gone unnoticed by the other. Her voice was wavering partly due to emotions and partly due to cold. She went to her locker for her violin and before she knew it a warm jacket was pulled on her.

"Why you did not dress more warmly, you are shivering." Her eyes widen and she turned around and looked at Sabastian. His green eyes shone with worry. The prior playfulness was gone now.

"I don't need it. I am warm enough." Shaira said taking off his jacket and putting it in his hands making her hand in contact with his. Sebastian felt the warm skin touch him. He grew more suspicious. Before he could stop himself, he pulled Shaira close to him and touched her forehead and then both of his hands travel to her neck for better examination. He was so worried that he did not notice Shaira's expression.

On the other hand, Shaira was flustered and shocked. Her traitorous heart never stopped beating-in a good way- in the presence of certain someone. No doubt, Sebestian was handsome. Shaira would give him some credit for that because living with her handsome brothers, had set her bar really high. When Shaira recognized what she was actually thinking. She panicked and pushed him back. Her face was cherry red now.

"I am okay. It's not even that high." she said rubbing her cheeks trying to hide that unwanted hue of red.

"Doesn't matter. We are going to the infirmary right now." Sebastian said. His eyes showed pure seriousness. This had been the first time that she had seen Sebestian like that. 

"But What's the point, there is no nurse there." Shaira said before she could be pulled by Sebastian again. "There would be medicines. If your fever does not go down in an hour, then you are going home." Sebastian said. He was so intimidating that Shaira could not help but get nervous.

Shaira sighed, "We did not need to go there." Shaira pulled Sebastian into a small, attached room that was looking more like a cabin. A desk, Table, and a couch with a small cupboard at the side. "You have your own cabin?" Sebastian said as he looked around the cabin. 

"Every President has. Where do you think I sign your applications to enter or answer the principal drafts? Being the president of any club in this school is a lot more work than you think." Shaira said as she pulled out the medicinal box. She was angry at herself. Why can't she just take care of her? She had a lot of responsibilities for her future. Amidst all this, she could not recognize that her tone was rather unpleasant and assertive to others. 

"Are these feverish words or is it just with me?" Sebastian smirked. He had always seen Shaira fighting like a little cub and protecting herself but had never seen her speaking this freely to anyone. Her tone is always warm and lovely but today it was dark and harsh. He realized; she could very well have another- not too gracious-side.

Shaira's eyes furrowed. 

"I will give you medicine. Just sit right there." Sebastian sighed pointing towards the couch understanding her point of view. Sometimes things take a toll on you, and you could not help but get frustrated by each and everything. Shaira does seem to be in that situation. Sebastian pulled out the required tablets and poured a glass of hot water.

"Here. take this." Sebastian asked sitting next to Shaira. She silently took the pill. 

"Lay down." Sebastian said taking his jacket from the chair to cover Shaira up. "You don't need to do that." Shaira said looking at Sebastian.

"Don't tell me, you have a blanket here." Sebastian asked making Shaira embarrassed.

" Top shelf, Right corner. Don't judge. Whenever I am sick and I need to submit my drafts, I had to work." Shaira said pointing towards the only almirah in the cabin. Sebastian shook his head with a small smile on his face. He covered her with the blanket.

"Sleep." Sebastian said as he pulled the chair towards the couch. Shaira felt a strong sense of deja vu.

"Why are you staring at me?" Sebastian asked as he saw Shaira turn to his side. Shaira shook her head and closed her eyes. Sebastian was the first person who was sitting beside her when she fell sick which made her feel a little less lonely as even Daniel wasn't even here.

....

Sebastian had a lot of happy moments in his life but the moments where he felt at peace-he could count on his fingertips. One can create his moments of happiness, but he could not create peace in himself. It had to blossom in us by itself. The fleet of the moment where you could feel your inner self basking in the radiance of pure bliss. Looking at Shaira made him feel just like that. As if all of his problems were on one side and moments with her on the other which no doubt scared him too. 

He gently caressed Shaira's hair and kissed her cheek. "Get well soon. Cub." He said as he went out.

As soon as he got out of the office, he saw Shaira's music notes scattered on the table. He sighed and started to tidy up everything but before he could it back. His eyes flickered down to some papers. His eyes widen as soon as he read it.

.......

Hey, fam! I hope you are doing fine. As I announced yesterday, this is your chapter. I had been halfway through the next chapter so you could also expect it soon.

Thanks for all the lovely messages about my health. Although I was mostly cured at that time, your wishes bring out so much positive energy in me. I also happen to share a thing with you. Yesterday I was listening to some random music when I came across "BAD FOR ME" by Meghan Trainor with Teddy Swims. The only thing that came to mind was Shaira. The song brought me tears. If you want, you can listen and tell me your thoughts about it.

Quick Question for fun: What is that one moment of your life that made you so happy that you teared up?

If you like the chapter. Do like Share and Comment.

THANK YOU FOR 24K LIKES GUYS'

Bye.