One grand fall

Shaira had reached home by eight-thirty. She could not let go of eyes she had just seen. She abruptly ran upstairs. Throw her bag on the bed. She swiftly pulled out her eye lenses to see if she had seen them right. She never liked her eyes that's why she had always hidden them. Looking at herself. She believed her turquoise eyes were impeccable and identical to the stranger she met today.

Her turquoise eyes were like emrald as she trace them in the mirror. If that's what it takes to be her then she would not dye her hair anymore. She would not hide her eyes anymore.

She didn't know if she was confident enough to let go of her past but one thing for sure. The most beautiful pair of eyes she had ever seen is similar to her. She was happy for that.

If that's what Mr. Sordo was talking about, she would do it. She changed her clothes as she went downstairs for dinner.

Her hand trembled on her door knob. The first time- in many years- she was going without eye lenses. What if everyone mock her?

Would she be rebuked for this?
.
.
.
So what if she?

Her mind echoed. She had never been afraid of mean comments. She would be fine.

She smiled as she took a deep breath. After years, her mind had spoken something positive.

Normally everyone had dinner in their respective room. She decided to show her eyes to the workers first. Noone could say anything to her and new staff was very kind to her too.

She stepped into kitchen area. Trying to find something when her eyes met with the chef who was working for dinner.

"Hii chef."

Shaira smiled although her heart was beating very fast. Chef Begoni was very kind chef contrary to the previous chef. He very well knew her sweet tooth so he occasionally made her some of the best desserts she had ever had. Although she always convinced him he didn't need to do it.

"Good evening, Miss Shaira."

Chef Begoni eyes slightly widen seeing Shaira but he still smiled kindly at her.

"You want anything?"

"Yes dinner. I am starving."

Shaira eyes crinkled.

"Can you please shift to the dining area? Everyone is there. The dishes would be served in a minute."

Chef said decorating some desert.

"But why?"

"That I can't reveal. You need to go there. The dish would only be served there, Miss Shaira."

Shaira sighed as she moved to dining area. Her hands cold in anxiety as she saw all the brothers sitting there. Her eyes were casted below as she moved to her seat.
Before she could move her seat. Ezra stood up and pulled out the chair beside him.

"Sit here, Shay."

Shaira nodded as she sat there. They would be seeing her eyes sooner or later. So doesn't matter she sit far or close.

"Is something wrong?"

Alkov asked as Shaira put her head down  on the table. This was humiliating for her. She was not strong. Should she just go back?

She was scared of showing her eyes. Her eyes watered. She would be lying if she wasn't afraid of their harsh comments. This would bring her down.

Her soft sniffle was heard by everyone as their eyes widen.

"Are you crying, champ? Did someone say something to you?" Maximus said as he put hand on her back.

Her heart dropped. Because of her mind she didn't realize it was not her room. What would she say to Dr. Sordo now? That she was a coward. She was just not able to stood up. It was way more difficult for her. The positive thought in her was crushed.