Dex and Ira

"I will sign the papers"

Everyone head snapped towards Mr. Dexton Vanidestine. Although his coat was off, maybe because he rushed there but he was still very well intimidating. Standing a foot behind was Ezra and very disheaveled Paul.

"Are you her guardian?" Doctor said looking straight at Vanidestine.

"No. But I am her eldest blood related person after her guardian." Dexton said.

"He will sign the papers. In the absence of guardian, a blood related could sign it." Diaz said halting everyone. His anger was on brink. He never liked Venidestines but if it is for Shaira he will stand by his enemy too.

"But he is not legal gua-"

"If these papers doesn't get signed in next 30 secs. You will be facing lawsuit from Lawrence firm. Trust me, I will not spare anyone." The loud threat resonated across the hallway.

The corrupt doctor's eyes widen when he heard Lawrence firm. His eyes wander towards the handsome man as he handover the papers to Paul in a fraction of second and why wouldn't he? The paper were signed then and there.

"I will start the procedure." The doctor rushed out of there.

.....

For a 6 year old Shaira, Dexton was her world. She had recently came to know about 'knight in shining armour' from her classmates and she knew Dexton fit all those criteria perfectly.

Afterall she had seen him protecting everyone. So she- by default- thought she was included in that too.

She had just put her bag in the room and her nanny had dressed her beautiful white dress which made her look like an angel. Her teacher had asked all the students to say 'I love you" to whoever they love the most.

Currently treading to her brother room. It had taken a lot of courage for Shaira to let alone go in his big brother room. Her nanny said they were busy and had a lot of work to do that's why she can't meet them but today she had decided to at least say what she want to say to them.

So lost in her own thoughts, Shaira collided with the door of her big brother's room making her fall backwards with a thud. She didn't want to say those words with tears so she tried to brace herself but some traitorous tears still left her eyes.

The little knock was enough for Dexton to know that someone was on his door. He left his chair to see who the person is. His eyes widen when he saw little Shaira desperately trying to rub her tears away. He immediately wanted to gather her in his arms but his hands halted.

When Shaira saw Dexton she hurriedly get up with both of her hands on the ground supporting her which even Dexton find super cute.

"I love you, Dex!" Shaira said with her dimple smile and chubby hands raised towards him. Her eyes were red with tears which she thought she was hiding perfectly.

Dexton could feel his heart beat faster. He did not even care what his brothers would say to him or what they expect from him as he immediately took the bundle of joy in his hands making Shaira smile more wider than before.

"You loved me too! Right?" Shaira said as she giggled. Dexton just cleared his throat as a pink hue came across his ears.

"You don't love me." Shaira said dejected when she did not get answer from him making other eyes wide.

She flapped her legs trying to get out of reach of her older brother. Her eyes filled with tears again. Dexton got startled with the little tantrum of toddler so he put her down. When she was about to run crying Dexton held her tiny hand. He rubbed his fingers across her tears stricken face.