⇢ 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥

LATER THE NIGHT, the super soldier sat on his couch watching the current programming going on. It was a rerun of an episode of Masterchef, which Y/N found himself starting to like. It kinda helped him be savvier in the kitchen, to his family's delight.

Natasha walked into the living room holding a bowl of yogurt. Y/N looked at her and let out a chuckle as he reached for the remote.

"Well, that's enough Masterchef for today." He remarked as he changed the channel to the news instead.

"What?" She asked soft laugh.

"Can't have you checking out Gordon in front of me."

"I said he used to be my crush." The redhead replied and looked down at him. "You won't ever let me live that down, huh?"

 "You won't ever let me live that down, huh?"

He shook his head but smiled.

"I'm starting to nail that accent." He switched to an English accent. "I'll be the only Englishman you're going to want to hear from now on."

That brought a heftier laugh out of his wife. Y/N continued to speak.

"My mum was British. Maybe I can make this permanent. But then again, people might trip out and start calling me Captain Britain."

"You are hilarious." She replied.

Natasha sat down beside Y/N on the couch, laying her head near his shoulder as the man put his arm around her.

"Nice work earlier today." He remarked in his normal speech. "I appreciate you helping me with Pete's situation."

"I wasn't going to just stand pat." She replied. "He's like my spider-son, it hurt hearing all the bad that was said about him."

Y/N nodded. "We make a great team, huh?"

She chuckled. "I'd say."

The man rubbed her shoulder as they continued watching the television.

"Nikolai asleep?" Y/N asked.

"Out cold." She answered taking in a spoonful of yogurt. "That time at the park burned him out."

Y/N nodded. "Played a lot, huh? Made new friends?"

"He's so friendly. Everyone seemed to want to play with him."

"Oh. Cool."

"He did mention this one friend. Franklin." She added. "Didn't get to see his parents though. He left a little while before we did."

The man nodded once again. He picked up the cell phone by his side and held it up for a moment.

"You get Maggie's pics?" He asked.

"Yup."

"It's nice seeing her having fun over there in San Francisco. A kid like her should enjoy the world around her...now that everything seems to be getting back to normal."