⇢ 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘴

• • 2004 • •

TONY SAT ON the bench in silence. He looked down at the cement, seeing the line of ants crawling across and into the anthill in the crevices.

In the distance, a couple of police officers were talking to his mom and another parent. The son of the parent, the bully who messed with Lee, was beside them too, sporting a bruised face.

Tony had fought the boy and got good hits in. Because of his knowledge of martial arts, which was thanks to his photographic reflexes, the boy wasn't able to touch Tony. He came out unscathed.

After some time, Julie came over to Tony. He looked up at her but didn't say a word, feeling guilty for somewhat embarrassing his mom.

"Come on. Let's go." She said.

He raised a brow. "What?"

"I still got to make dinner. Lee's probably starving."

"That's it? What happened?"

Julie looked back at the parent and the boy walking off along with the two officers going back to their car. She let out a sigh.

"We resolved it. Words can do wonders if you decide to use them over your fists."

Tony didn't get it. Julie had some way with words and immense confidence to be able to quell the matter so quickly without any repercussions. Julie was a very smart and wise lady.

"I'm sorry, Mom." Tony apologized. "I just got so mad. I don't like when Lee gets messed with or any of my family."

"I get that, Tony." Julie sat down beside him. "You have a good heart. You want to protect the ones you love."

"And...also get payback." He replied honestly.

Julie nodded. "I get that too. Some may see that as revenge...but I see it as...avenging."

Tony glanced at his mother. She continued with a smirk.

"Sounds way better and less vile than revenge."

"Right." He chuckled.

"Still..." Julie spoke. "There might be other ways to solve problems, Tony. In a way that brings less attention to yourself."

She added. "Lee. He looks up to you. You're his role model. You should show him there are other ways to handle situations." 

The boy just nodded. Julie put her arm around her son. She pointed at his head.

"You have that gift up here. You have the strength of three boys your age. Both are extraordinary abilities to have."