⇢ 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘤𝘴

THE NEXT DAY, Clint sent Kate and Maggie to retrieve their trick arrows from an NYPD facility in Manhattan. She ended up taking Pizza Dog with her to speak with a group of LARPers in Central Park, who were also first responders.

The older archer went to talk with Kazi. Clint was able to have a sorta civil conversation with, only when the Tracksuit realized he had no weapons or leverage. He was demanded to convince Maya to stop her crusade against the Ronin.

Clint had been told to go to Grills's apartment, a firefighter he met at a LARPing event trying to first get the suit. Maggie and Kate were there trying out some of the gear they would wear.

"There's our guy." Grills exclaimed when Clint came in. He held a pan of treats. "Snickerdoodle? They're still warm."

"Okay." Clint simply nodded.

"Come on in."

He went further inside and saw Kate with another woman, Missy, who was fitting a costume onto her. Maggie stood nearby, already wearing her Viking attire and watching Kate.

"Hey, Clint. How was your day?" Kate asked.

"Hi!" Missy greeted.

"My, uh...my day's been fine. How are you two doing?"

"Great, yeah." Kate nodded as Missy removed the robe. "Better than yours, I'd say."

"So did you, uh, get my gear?"

"Yeah, yeah. They're on the way. They should be here any minute. Yeah, relax."

Missy put a leather chestpiece over Kate. Clint looked on in confusion at what they were doing.

"What are you two even wearing?"

Kate chuckled and looked at herself in the mirror. "Not gonna lie, I look pretty good as a Viking."

"You know, I made this myself

"You know, I made this myself." Missy said.

"No way!"

"By hand."

"Could I hire you to make my next one?"

"Oh, yeah. I would love to."

"Hey, wait a second." Grills spoke. "What if that's our deal?"

"What deal?" Clint asked.

"We get you the arrows and info, and you get us materials for a new costume."

Kate shrugged. "Okay, how about enough materials to make costumes plus...three more? I know a couple of people who could use some help with theirs."

"We're in." Missy told Kate with a smile.

"Hey, Orval, you hear that? We gettin' new costumes." Grills called out to the hallway.

He peeked out of a room. "For real?"

"Uh, Kate..." Clint turned to her. "I asked you to simply retrieve my arrows, not stage a play."