Chapter Eighty-Nine

"Niko, she isn't here! I have checked the entire building myself four fucking times, our men are all over the place!" Marco yelled over the phone, "She isn't here!"

I got off my seat, "Well, fucking check the building again! How could you let this happens, Marco? If something happened to her, You are a dead man, you're a fucking dead man!"

I hung up and called her cell phone instead. It rang and rang and rang but she didn't fucking pick up. I hung up and called Alessandro. Agitation rolled off me, I needed a fucking drink but I needed my wife more.

"Niko?" his cold voice came through the phone.

"I want you to track my wife's phone, NOW!"

"Give me ten minutes."

Hanging up, I went out of my office. Did someone get to her? If someone fucking kidnapped her again I'm going to burn the entire fucking New York City to the ground. Shit! How could I let this happen, I fucking promised her I won't let it happen again.

I went down the elevator and it annoyed me how fucking slow it was going down. The second the door opened, I went out of the building and dashed towards my car.

I stepped on the accelerator pedal and sped out of there to get to Evangeline's college. I drove recklessly around the city, I didn't care if I fucking crashed, I needed to get there. If anyone touches her, if anyone tried to hurt her, they better fucking prepare for the most painful death anyone has ever seen.

Restlessness and suspicion gnawed at my chest. The possibility that it could be my father fucked with my mind. I surprised myself when the thought of killing my own father crossed my mind if he had hurt her.

I dialed Scott's number and he picked up after a single ring, "Niko?"

"Get to my father's place, see how is he doing, and ask him if he had something to do with Evangeline's disappearance."

"On it."

I left the car in the middle of the road with its engine still running. I saw Marco digging through Evangeline's bag. I strode to him and he looked up at me pulling something out of her bag.

"What is it?!"

Marco frowned, "It's a burner phone, Niko."

I snatched it out of his hand and checked it. Burner phone? Why the fuck would Evangeline have a burner phone? How the fuck would she get it?

"Do you think it belongs to whoever took her?" I asked, looking through her bag to find something useful, something I could use that could lead me to the man who took her.

"I think it does, I have sent one of our men to go look at this morning's security footage."

"Evangeline has a friend, Layla, or something fucking like that. Have you seen that girl? Have you asked her anything about Evangeline?"