Chapter 19 - Gentleman

"You're the worst thief I've ever seen, princess."

"Then how come I got away with it?"

"Touché."

You giggled. You knew there was no point in grabbing Smudge when Hitoshi wasn't looking and running to your apartment; it was highly likely he was planning to bring the little feline anyway. The man couldn't spend longer than a few hours without showing the creature some love. Either way, you would've probably been the one in charge of carrying him since Hitoshi's arms were occupied by the sleeping bag he was planning to use.

He had a familiar black tank top on. You tried not to stare too much but you'd sneak a peek every now and then because you just could not understand how his shoulders and arms were so defined. He was humble about it too and it only made him more attractive.

You coughed your way out of any train of thoughts and Hitoshi rose a brow at you which you ignored. His dark eyebags were prominent and although you knew it was a result of his insomnia, you realized you actually liked how he looked with them. It was the cherry on top to that look of disinterest he always had.

Hitoshi was the only one changed into clothes for bed so you grabbed yourself some too and excused yourself to the restroom. You came out with the full glory of an old t-shirt and baggy sweatpants and it wasn't until you looked at yourself in the mirror outside that you realized you missed the chance to dress up for Hitoshi.

"You look cute."

The compliment caught you off guard and you looked at him in surprise--the reflection in the mirror showed a gremlin and he was complimenting you. His purple eyes were soft as they raked over your form. He was sitting on the floor and leaning on your bed, which reminded you of something you wanted to do to him.

"I'm about to make you look cuter", a mischevious smile made its way onto your face. You wasted no time in gathering ponytails and your hairbush, practically skipping over to him and tossing yourself in your bed before positioning yourself to be right behind him. Hitoshi didn't move from his spot and instead lifted his head. He looked cute looking at you upside down like that.

"I know I said you could braid my hair, but if I'm honest, seeing your hair all messed up isn't helping me trust your skills", he didn't break eye contact despite his weird angle.

You pouted. It was true you messed up your hair while changing but it was long forgotten after his random praise.

"I thought you said I look cute?"

"You do."

"I don't get guys", you shook your head as you laughed. You started to run your fingers through his hair--something you wanted to do for a long time--and smiled at how soft it was. His hair always looked so messy but it was justifiably hard to control with how much he had. The unique lavender color made you smile as you watched your fingers dissapear in it and Hitoshi closed his eyes as he sighed in satisfaction. You noticed he appreciated soft physical touches...though would he like it from anyone or could you possibly be special?

You felt a little courage build up and applied yourself slightly more; now you had both hands running through his hair and massaging random spots. You had no idea what you were doing or why but you heard no complaints. It was obvious that the two of you were pretty close at this point, which is maybe why he was letting you do something a little more intimate, and it was making your heart swell.

"Guys as in plural?",he spoke up after a few minutes of relishing in your touch and you zoned back in. You met Hitoshi's eyes, who had just opened them. His gaze was soft on you but there was something focused about it.