Chapter 35 - The End

Warning: 3,814 words. For reference, my average chapter is about 2,000 words.

----------------

"Now remember, the reason I'm letting you borrow this dress is because it's easy to lift up in case you two decide you want to fu-"

"OKAY, I appreciate the thought--I think?--but for the last time, Reo, we're not...doing that. It's just a dinner date", you reminded her. It had been pretty sweet of her to ravage her own closet just to lend you a nice dress after the short notice from Hitoshi but she had the crazy idea that the two of you would go to extreme lengths on your second date.

"Oh, please", she scoffed,"Don't pretend the two of you aren't living together. A luxury room? I have no idea how the two of you scored that from the boss but no way nothing's happening in there."

"It isn't and it won't", you rolled your eyes as you slid Hitoshi's hoodie over you. All your own clothes were still in boxes and you hadn't found anything to cut them open with; you'd debated using your quirk but chickened out when you thought of all kinds of side effects you could have during the date. You hadn't asked permission to take it before going to Reo's room but didn't want Hitoshi to get a look at the dress before it was time to go. Another voice agreed with you.

"It really won't, dear, so don't worry about it. I spoke with him about the short notice he gave you and took the chance to warn him about what'll happen if he touches you in a way he shouldn't", Sara spoke sweetly but there was an ominous undertone in her words. You shivered.

"You warned him?"

"I threatened him." 

"Got it."

Perhaps it was best you didn't involve yourself. The dynamic between Sara and Hitoshi was unique: she reprimanded him if she ever thought he made a mistake when it came to you and he just took it. Not once had you seen him have the courage to fight back. It didn't help that Aizawa was often around her, glaring at him as if daring him to do so.

You gave them both a genuine thanks for their support as you rushed out, not wanting to waste any time. There was only an hour left before the two of you were supposed to leave and you hadn't even put your heels on. You made it to your room without any issues thanks to Reo's directions. The hardest part, surprisingly, was getting in.

"Toshi?", you tried knocking again. You left your key card inside the room due to your excitement but you knew he was inside, which was odd considering the door wasn't being opened. It took a few minutes before Hitoshi finally opened the door for you. The man looked cautious for some reason.

"I didn't know you'd be back. I thought I was picking you up from your friend's room", he looked at you and stole a glance behind him suspiciously. You raised your eyebrow and shook your head.

"No, I was just getting dressed. Is something wrong?"

Your words distracted Hitoshi for a moment. He took a second to look at you 'dressed'. Were you planning on going to the dinner date in something so casual? He wanted to let you know that he meant for something a little more formal, but to be quite honest, seeing you dressed in his clothes was spurring something in his heart. His clothes never looked so good.

You took note of his silence and guessed what he was confused about,"I'm wearing the dress under this. I just don't want you to see it until we leave, y'know?", you blushed at how sappy you sounded. Hitoshi groaned and rubbed his temples.

"Princess, seriously?...My hoodie and a dress underneath? It's good that I respect you. Any other guy would probably let his thoughts run crazy right now. You didn't run into anybody like that on your way here, did you?"