Chapter 33 - Déjà vu

"It's not even that hot."

"It's not cold enough for you to be wearing a hoodie all day though."

"I'm comfy", you lied. The mood changed since your earlier conversation about a certain 'close friend' and the legal matters that were being taken. When you questioned why they had to pursue Aimi and why she wouldn't be taken with the rest of the lair when the agency decided to raid it, Hitoshi explained that as a quirkless civilian, she wouldn't be regarded a threat and would probably go free. 

You were quick on the uptake and completely fine with the two heroes' plan. Aimi stole your home and endangered three people you cared about, yourself included--she'd no longer receive any sympathy from you.

You and Hitoshi found yourselves on his bed again soon after and you spent the entire afternoon cuddling, playing around, and talking. There was a voice in your head telling you that you were forgetting something but you were enjoying your time together too much fun to listen.

"Suit yourself, princess", he shrugged. Your refusal to take your hoodie off was suspicious but he wouldn't force you to take it off for nothing. You inwardly sighed in relief. The annoying cat ears were still there so you'd clumsily gotten off of him in a panic when he tried pulling your hood off to play with your hair. You stayed a distance just in case, crossing your legs while you sat and remembered a small detail Aizawa mentioned during your morning walk.

"Toshi", you smiled cheekily while building up a fake arrogance.

"Hm?"

"I'm stronger than you."

Hitoshi raised his eyebrow and sat up from his leaning position. His face was as expressionless as ever but his eyes bored into you, trying to figure out your intentions with that statement.

"Are you trying to challenge me, princess?"

"How cute. You already lost the challenge", you spoke to him in a patronizing tone, your overly confident front piquing his interest. A small smirk formed on his face and you almost lost it at that--you weren't sure if out of laughter because he was actually taking you seriously or something else, because, damn he looked attractive when his features had that subtle smugness to it.

"Mind elaborating?", despite not understanding, he was enjoying the small bit of competitiveness you were giving him. You nodded with a pretend disinterest.

"I guess. It's just that-", you blew air onto your nails as you mockingly cleaned them,"-I took on that villain you couldn't handle all by myself the day he went to my house."

You practically abused your peripherals in an attempt to get a good look at his reaction. Instead of the amazement you expected, it only reverted back to normal. He clearly wasn't buying into your truth.

"Sure you did, princess."

Your face scrunched up. That sarcasm was not going to fly by you like that,"You don't believe me?"

"I saw him after getting back from the mission. His face was severely messed up on a chemical basis. Forgive me if I think you wouldn't do that", Hitoshi crossed his arms. He kind of had a point; you normally wouldn't do something so harsh, then again...

"Toshi, he tried to kill me. Do you think I was gonna sit there and let it happen?", you crossed your own arms and your seriousness was enough start changing Hitoshi's mind. He furrowed his brows as he considered the possibility.

"You're telling me you're the one who left the villain like that?", Hitoshi wasn't trying to suggest he thought you were weak per se but based on everything he knew about you, you were no fighter. You'd mentioned never being in a fight before and even as an UA student, you were in a course that had no violence. Now you were telling him that you fought a villain twice your size and won without any injuries.