Chapter 13- Bits and pieces

So many thoughts raced through my head that night. Little by little, I was able to piece things together. I kept twisting and turning in my bed, unable to sleep. Peter had thought having me in his band would be pretty cool, so he was happy when Belle suggested it to him over a phone call. So guess who has to get up super early in the morning to practice?

Lucky me.

I reminded myself that it was all part of a plan, and the sooner I got it over with, the faster I could solve a murder and satisfy a ghost.

Honestly, I should become a criminologist at this point.

I sat up from my bed and looked at the boxes in the corner of my room. They had been untouched since we moved. Well, ignoring BEN's nosyness. Everything should've been unpacked by now, but I have clearly been preoccupied with other things. I quietly groaned and dragged myself out of bed.

This was definitely an all-nighter project.

Good thing I wasn't tired.

But I guess I forgot to label the boxes, so things were going to go extra slow. Fortunately, a big brain idea popped into my head, and I gotta say it was smart.

"BEN?" I said in a low voice. "Are you there?"

Seconds had passed before a familiar voice answered. "I'm always here, what do you want?"

I shuddered at the thought of him listening in on me 24/7. I turned to see the demonic face I wished I didn't start getting used to. His arms were crossed and he seemed slightly annoyed.

"Do you want to help me unpack my things?" I asked, gesturing to all the boxes.

"Why?" BEN asked.

"Because I'm not going to be able to unpack all this by myself," I batted my eyes and sighed. "Pretty please?"

BEN scoffed, but there was a hint of a smile on his face. He looked over the boxes and opened one full of notebooks and books. BEN looked at me and I nodded as he pushed the box to the bookshelf.

"Would you get mad at me if I read any of these?" BEN picked up a journal and flipped through the pages.

"Of course I would!" I said, snatching the journal from his hands. "You don't need to be nosy to help me with this. I'll take over this, you sort through the other stuff."

BEN shrugged and did as I said. I rolled my eyes as I continued putting the books on the bookshelf. My mind wandered to some fictional place as I shoved the books in their place. It was very satisfying to look at when I finished. That only took about like, what, ten minutes?

"OH." 

I heard BEN exclaim a lot louder than he should've. I looked to see BEN walking away from an open box, his hands up in retreat. Clearly, something in that box was enough to freak BEN out. I scrambled over to see what was in it.

"Oh, no-" I buried my face in my hands. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

It was a box full of my undergarments.

Oh no.

And apparently, BEN didn't get a good enough look. I felt him peering over my shoulder, so it was a good thing my hands moved a lot faster than my brain. I closed the box and shoved it away. BEN snickered.

"You're a pervert," I mumbled.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad," BEN said, still snickering. "It's just underwear."

"Doesn't mean you need to look at it!"

"Why are you making such a big deal out of it?"

"BECAUSE YOU WENT BACK TO LOOK AT MY BRAS!"