Chapter 24- Doomed from the start

"Peter, hey," I smiled nervously. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much," Peter leaned against the door frame. "I came by a few minutes ago but you weren't here. I guess I missed you by a few seconds."

"I guess you did," I chuckled, nervously again.

"Yep!" Peter chuckled with me. "Anyways, you know Mike?"

My stomach was churning. "Yeah, I know him."

"Great, great," Peter continued, "Well, he and I are friends- actually, we're more acquaintances. But I gotta say, I think he really likes you. And he came to me with a little favor."

I frowned. "What?"

"It's so funny, it feels like elementary school again!" Peter's tone shifted a little, almost sounding a bit manic. "He came to me, and said that you were going to James' house today. Now, I think he was looking out for your safety, and he was maybe a bit jealous. But (Y/N), James is a hothead. I think you know that. Um, considering you broke his nose and left to go talk to him, scared Mike a little. I don't think James would hesitate to hit a girl, you know?"

"We just talked," I said, pursing my lips. "James isn't that bad, we're on better terms now."

"Right," Peter nodded slowly. "I don't think you understand. James isn't a good guy, and I just wanted to stop by, make sure you were okay, right?"

"It's kinda obvious I'm okay," I said.

"What did you and James talk about?"

"Why?"

Peter continued to repeat the things he had said previously, only worded a little differently. I barely listened, because he was practically rambling. I knew he wasn't going to leave until I told him something.

Annoying.

"He was just telling me about the missing kid," I told him.

Peter's face fell. "Ben?"

"Yeah, that one." I tried my best to seem oblivious to the situation, just in case Peter happened to be involved in the murder.

'Just in case.'

My stomach twisted more at the thought.

"I see," Peter said slowly. "Did James tell you that he ran away?"

I nodded. Peter was quiet for a few moments before smiling sadly. "It's sad."

"That's what I've heard."

"Yep." He paused. "Well I better go. I'm spending time with the girlfriend today."

Peter turned and began walking away before he exclaimed and turned back around. "By the way, a few friends and the band are going to be hanging out at Lunar Lake tonight. No swimming, just goofing off. You want to join?"

"Maybe, I think I have plans tonight," I crossed my arms. The image of what I saw in that lake made me queasy.

"You should definitely stop by. It'll be fun."

"We'll see. Bye Peter."

I shut the door and allowed myself to breathe. Something was way off about Peter. Maybe he thought James and I were talking about him? James did say that Peter has done some pretty bad things. 

Damn it. 

Who do I even believe in at this point?

Maybe I should stick to the obvious conclusions and stop trying to come up with my own. Peter and Mike obviously are in contact about something. Mike is very obviously a murder, there was no doubt about it. Maybe Peter knows about the murder, but didn't do anything. But there's also the things James told me. Peter was apparently not a good person.

I wish I could talk to James more, and figure out what the hell was going on. What kind of stuff did Peter did or do, that could ruin one's reputation?

I grumbled and rushed up the stairs, and back into my room. I locked the door behind me, and a hand grabbed my shoulder. I probably would've screamed, but I was used to being startled by Ben at this point. But also, a hand covered my mouth and I was shushed.

A warm hand.

"I'm sorry, but you have some explaining to do."

I chill ran down my spine. It was a voice that I did not want to hear, especially in my own room.

Somehow, I managed to pry myself out of Mike's hold. I looked at him in terror and anger. I grabbed the lamp from my desk and threatened to swing it at him.

"ARE YOU INSANE!?" I screamed. Mike looked just as scared as I probably did, but he also looked very paranoid. "HOW DID YOU GET IN?!"

"How do you know about Ben?" Mike questioned, ignoring my own.

"Get out of my house!" I yelled, stepping backwards.

Mike looked at me directly in the eyes. "How do you know about Ben?"

"I'll call the police!" I warned. 

Mike got closer. "Just answer me! I promise, whatever you know- I have nothing to do with it!"

"Get out!" 

Mike was close enough to grab the lamp from me at this point. I had no idea what to do. Mike grabbed the lamp and got in my face.

"(Y/N), I'm not the bad guy here!" He told me.

"I don't believe you, since you broke into my room!" I chuckled bitterly. 

In the corner of my eye, I saw Ben appear. I looked at him, hoping that he knew that I needed help. Ben nodded, and reappeared behind Mike. He grabbed Mike's hand before Mike could grab my only weapon against him. Mike yelped, most likely from Ben's cold, wet hand.

Mike turned to face the entity, only to see nothing. Ben had disappeared.

"What the f-" Mike collapsed to the floor. I dropped the lamp in relief, but also fear. Mike stood back up, and looked back at me with a reassuring smile. 

His eyes were demonic.

"I'll take care of this guy before he causes any more trouble," Mike said, his voice sounding somewhat static-y. 

Ben had possessed him.

"Thank the heavens," I breathed, falling to the ground and clutching my heart. I was shaking, way more than I would've liked. It was justified, of course. I was just face-to-face with a murderer.

Mike/Ben's face twisted to a frown. "I'm hoping for some sort of explanation when I get back," he said as he turned back to the window and crawled out. I hurriedly rushed to the window and closed it, making sure it was locked this time.

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no no.

This wasn't going to end well, I could feel it.

Something bad was going to happen soon.

Either I was going to lose Ben, or I was about to be in deep shit.

_____________________________

Danggggg

We're getting closer and closer to what I believe is going to be the ending (I know, very sad because I've been having so much fun writing this).

So please, vote and comment! Give me ideas of what creepypastaxreader I should write next!

Ahna out

*mic drop*