Chapter 17....

We pulled off the highway about ten minutes later and slowly made our way towards a hotel I had looked up on my phone. The snow had let up just a little so we could see easier but Logan stayed at a slow pace. Every so often looking over at me.

There wasn't much traffic on the road, others probably having the same idea as us. I wasn't sure what town we were in but it was better than getting stuck on the freeway in this snowstorm.

A small sigh escaped my lips as we finally spotted the hotel up ahead. The parking lot was fairly full as we pulled in. I just hoped there were a couple of available rooms for Logan and I.

Thankfully our suitcase were weather proof because they were pretty much covered when Logan grabbed two from the bed of the truck. I stood there like a loser watching as he moved the others inside the back of the truck, snow raining down on me.

"Come on." With a gentle hand on my lower back, Logan lead us towards the front of doors. I leaned closer to his side freezing.

Warm air hit my face as we walked into the hotel. As we headed for the front desk I looked around briefly, noting it was a nice hotel. At least we weren't stuck at some hole in the wall motel.

I was busy looking trying to stop trembling to realize Logan was already talking to someone at the front desk. A light pressure on my back made me turn my attention to what was being said.

"I think we have one room left." The clicking of a keyboard met my ears. One room? "Ah yes we have one room left up on the fourth floor." I dared a glance up at Logan but he looked at the guy calmly.

"We'll take it."

"Uh." I went to say but his hand moved to my waist and squeezed it gently. I clamped my lips closed.

Sharing a room together isn't that big of a deal. More likely there's going to be two beds so it won't be that awkward. Plus I'm a grown woman and Logan's a grown man. We can be mature enough to share a room.

While I was slightly freaking out about sharing a room, Logan paid and got our room key. I didn't have it in me to argue about him paying, I'll bring it up tomorrow.

I was still shaken up by what happened on the freeway, now add in spending the night with Logan, I was all over the place.

The two of us were quiet as we headed for the elevator. The hotel was pretty quiet even though it was only noon. The weather no doubt making everyone stay in their rooms.

I was very much aware of Logan as we stood side by side in the elevator. How could I not notice the 6'2, pure muscle of a man next to me radiating heat like my own personal furnace. He still had his hand my waist, almost like he couldn't bring himself to stop touching me.

I wasn't going to complain. Not when him being this close to me made me feel safe. I did feel embarrassed about my mini freak out in the truck. Embarrassed Logan had to see it.

As soon as I stepped foot in the room I froze. Staring back at me was a single bed. One bed for two of us. Of course. Just my luck the only room available had only one bed.

"I'll take the couch." Logan spoke over my shoulder.

"You don't have to-"

"I'll take the couch." He said more firmly, brushing past me to get further in the room. I stared at his back trying to ignore the fluttering in my stomach.

Tearing my eyes away from him I looked around the room. It was surprisingly big. A big bed off to the side, across from it a couch and some chairs with a table. There was even a little kitchen and a fridge.