Chapter 28...

FINAL CHAPTER!

By time Logan and I came back downstairs, Logan all cleaned up, everyone was sitting at the table. My brother was free of any blood, thanks to Aubrey, and was glaring down at his plate. Abby and Leo were oblivious to everything else as they happily ate their pancakes and babbled about going to the festival in a bit.

Colleen and Aubrey looked back and forth between Me, Logan, and Knox as if waiting for one of us to talk. The only acknowledgement my brother gave was a glare at Logan. The three of us ate in silence while Aubrey and Colleen did most of the talking. It was awkward to say the least.

Once breakfast was over, Knox and Aubrey took the kids to get ready for the day. Not wanting to leave Colleen to do all the dishes by herself I had Logan go ahead and get ready while I stayed to help in the kitchen. 

"That was eventful." She said after a minute of us washing and drying the dishes. I couldn't help but snort. "I knew there was something going on between you two."

"You did?" I took a plate from her to dry, surprised by her comment.

"The moment you two walked through the door there was something. Not to mention the way he looks at you." I ducked my head, cheeks flaming.

"He didn't." I went to say but she cut me off.

"Oh trust me I know a look of someone in love. That's how my husband use to look at me. It's how Knox looks at my daughter." She elbowed me softly. "Knox will get over it." She said it so matter of factly.

"How do you know?" I asked softly.

"That boy may try and pretend he's all badass." I grinned when she swore. "But he loves you and if being with Logan makes you happy, he'll accept it."

Drying her hands she pulled me into a tight hug. I leaned into her, breathing in the smell that was all her. Cookies and bread.

"Now, go get ready. We have a festival to get too." With a tap to my butt she ushered me out of the kitchen. I made my way upstairs feeling a bit better. Colleen always knew the right thing to say.

I opened my bedroom door only to pause when someone said my name.

"Can we talk?" My brother said from behind me. I only hesitated for a second before nodding, stepping into my room with him following behind me.

I walked over to my bed as he shut the door behind him. My brother had the same nervous habit as Logan. Rubbing the back of the neck and avoiding eye contact.

"Liv, I'm sorry." My eyebrows rose. It's not often my brother apologizes. "What I said earlier...I didn't mean it. It was uncalled for."

Crossing my arms I shifted on my feet.

"Is me and Logan really that bad of a thing?" I hated how small my voice was.

"No. Yes." My brother sighed running a hand through his hair. "You're my baby sister. I only want the best for you."

"And what if that's Logan?" I met his gaze.

"I just..." He struggled with what to say.

"He's amazing Knox. He's been helping me everyday at the bakery. Coming early and staying later." I could tell Knox was surprised at that. He had no clue Logan has been helping me the last few weeks. "He could be doing anything else but he keeps showing up. Something no one has ever done for me before."

No guy has ever done what Logan has for me.

"And you know he's a good guy. You know he wouldn't let anything hurt me. You wouldn't be friends if that wasn't true." After spending years together in the Marine's my brother knows better than anyone how great of a guy Logan is.