CHAPTER 2

~🍁~

~ 18 years later ~

There she goes walking by the small lane overcrowded by the books. She adores books as her friends, companions and utmost escape from reality. 

The giant attic above her room consists of a huge glass wall, letting the sun bless the whole room with its natural light. beaming across falling on every single book. The sound of her boots echoes in that hollow arena. She swirls her pretty thin fingers on a particular section of books from left to right looking for the most desired one, the one she wishes to read right now.

Her eyes turn into shooting stars and her pink dewey lips curve into a precious little smile when she finally locates a thick merge of pages covered in a red-golden cover case. The book was an antique. The way she closed her eyes heaving a sigh of relief, says all about her fervour towards books and passion for reading.

With lean hands, she unfolded the pages one by one until she reached her favourite quote from the book. Pointing index finger on a short paragraph, she heaved a long breath before reciting it.

"If I were to kiss you and go to hell, I would... so I could brag to the devils that I had seen heaven before entering its gates"

William Shakespeare

The sound of her mellifluous voice leaves residues of soft echoes as she finishes. Her already rosy cheeks once again flash a pinkish hue. Oh, how she shies away after reading the most romantic quote of all time. The smile of satisfaction of reading romance never leaves the squishy lips and big round eyes.

The moment of romance with books was interrupted when she heard a loose shutter flap outside the window. Her attention was stolen by a bird who frantically hit the small round window above the attic. She closed the book settled it back to its designated section and ran towards the window to see if the tiny creature was alright.

She stood there tilting her head in an attempt to spot what was happening beyond the dormer window but she couldn't spot it since the small window was probably too high for her small figure and its crest was high enough to touch the roof of the vast library. Being thoughtful, she took the wooden ladder that used to arrange her books and relocated it towards the dormer window.

When she reached the high point, she discovered it was a Dove with a severely injured left wing. Judging by how it was trying to fly but failed, it could flap only the right wing. Worry made its way into her eyes, She wanted to help when she saw the little one desperately flapping injured wings in pain making the sound reverberate throughout the attic hall.

But before she could open the window and lend a helping hand to the poor birdie, it flew off the edge but sadly fell before it could even take off.

She gasped, seeing it fall to the ground due to another failed attempt to fly away with an injured wing. Hurriedly, she descended the ladder making her way out of the book-hoard.