CHAPTER 6

~🍁~

~🍁~

It was a beautiful full moon night, The moon painted the world in hues of silver and indigo. The moonlight was the only visitor that breached the otherwise huge impervious glass windows of Soah's room.

Her room, though adorned with the trappings of opulence, carried a subtle charm of simplicity. Delicate curtains swayed gently in the nocturnal breeze, allowing the luminous moonbeams to cascade through the window like liquid silver.

Yet, behind the veneer of luxury, Soah harboured a longing for the world beyond the mansion's confines. Her heart craved the freedom denied by the imposing gates of the Kim Estate.

Despite being bestowed with every conceivable comfort, she nurtured a profound affinity for simplicity. However, there is a girl inside her who yearns for an unrestrained life. She always wondered, how it would feel to live a normal life like others, being able to go to school instead of being home-schooled, making friends, being able to go to a university for her major instead of deciding against her dreams and knowing the world through her books and the so-called screen of her laptop.

Since her brother was not home due to an urgent business meeting, Soah chose to watch a movie rather than read herself to sleep after dinner. As she continued to watch a typical plot of a Good girl and a bad boy eventually falling in love, the atmosphere seemed to crackle with tension, mirroring the palpable chemistry between the characters of the movie.

Suddenly, a twist in the plot seized her attention. her eyes widened, and the realisation of the explicit scenario of both the male and the female lead making out struck her like a lightning bolt. One thing led to another onscreen and they started ripping each other's clothes off, The shock painted her face but before she could fully process it, she hastily shut the laptop.

"Oh, dear! That was close." A deep sigh escaped her as she contemplated her choice of genre.

Poor thing being unaware of the fact that nowadays onscreen romance is not just Kissing and cuddling like those cute old love stories she has read. Despite being a consistent reader of the romantic genre for years, she couldn't bring herself to watch smutty scenes in any of the movies or read them. So, she always skipped the particular screen time to save herself some awkwardness. Her shyness could be accompanied by a sense of innocence and curiosity as she has never been in a romantic relationship.

She was interrupted by a soft knock on her door, prompting her to hastily hide her laptop as she realised her elder brother, Seokjin was there.

"Hello, Cupcake..." his greeting earned him the most beautiful smile from his baby sister and all his exhaustion diminished into thin air. The incredible twelve-year age difference has always made him adore her like his little girl. Sometimes it worries him, how fast she has grown up.