chapter seventeen

i told billie everything in the car and she was pissed out of her mind. she drove so fast i thought my soul was bout to leave my body.

-you know where his place is?

-hell yeah i do. - she stepped even harder on the pedal. - we're gonna go there right now and im gonna end that bitch. he's gonna regret he ever met me, i'm not kidding.

-just try not to get us killed? we need to get there in one piece if we wanna do this.

she chuckled.

-remember i told you i drive funly?

-ha, ha - i said sarcastically but then started actually laughing right after and so did billie.

-c'mon, you love me.

-of course i love you. you crazy ass, sexy ass motherfucker.

she smirked at me with a sarcastic, nearly seductive look in her eye as she parked in front of his house.

-this is it. you ready?

she was about to open the car door but then i got nervous and though about it for a second.

-billie, i think i should do this on my own. - i was afraid she was gonna get offended by it, but she didn't. - i just feel like i need to do this for my brother. having someone else do it isn't enough, i need to... get this out my system.

-nah, it's ok. i get it.

she leaned close to me and kissed me hard as if it was the last time, completely taking my breath away and making me forget about everything else for a minute.

-you know i'm not dying tonight, right? - i laughed. i couldn't say that for sure, but i wanted it to be true, so i said it with confidence.

-i know, angel. i'm just... i wanna make every moment count.

i felt myself getting emotional and smiled at her comment, not even knowing what to say back.

-now go there and kick his ass for both of us.

i was hesitant, but pecked her lips one last time and stepped out the car. billie still had a key from when they were together, so i didn't have to break in. the less evidence i leave today, the better.

-bryana, hi - he said, trying to play innocent. the fact that he really thought i wouldn't have figured out he was guilty is so funny to me. - is everything ok? i heard the news.

-cut it, macklemore, i know what you did. diego told me everything. you're dead. you're fucking dead.

i didn't yell, i didn't scream, i didn't freak out. i was calculated. i knew exactly what i wanted to do to him and i wanted him to know it too.

you know those moments of super natural strength god gives you when you need it? an adrenaline rush, whatever you wanna call it.
thats what i felt rushing through my veins as i looked right in his pretentious eyes.

-you're gonna get your ass out there and you're gonna tell the pigs everything. i'm not playing, bro, you don't wanna see how this ends. - i said, throwing m*tthew on the wall of his own house.- i have a whole gang of people who would be more than happy to beat your ass until you open your mouth. you messed with the wrong people.

i banged his head on the wall hard, letting my anger get the best in me. he's lucky that's all i did.

-you know what, bryana, i think you're getting too bold- he said, flipping us around as i was the one hitting the wall now.

he put a gun to my head. i tried my best to breathe and not make any sudden moves as the sight of my dad getting shot flashed in front of my eyes. is this what it means to have reyes blood running in my veins? i always thought i was doomed to this kind of fate my whole life, but i didn't want to believe it. i didn't want to die like my father.

-you don't get to come to my house, put me on the wall and tell me what to do. you little bitch, do you think you know what you're doing? - he laughed. - you're 18. you don't know shit. you messed with the wrong people. i'm not gonna confess, and you should be lucky if i don't put a bullet in your head right now just to send a message to your so called gang.

i was scared, but more than that, i was angry. i knew i deserved better in life and i would get myself out of this even if it's just out of spite. i would get diego out of jail no matter what it cost. and for a second there, i had absolutely no problem killing that bastard.

i reached my waistband for my gun but it wasn't there- and, from the bravest moment i've ever had, i fell into my scariest. a state of absolute panic took over me cause i knew, this was it. after that, he was gonna kill me. i had no way around it.

-hey, matthew- billie suddenly appeared beside him, and i could see from behind his shoulder that she was holding my gun.

he turned around to look at her.

there was a gunshot.