𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰: 𝑻𝒐 𝑭𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

The sun shone lightly in between the creaks of a certain window. It caresses her face ever so gently, making the girl's lashes flutters open ever so softly.

Aeliana's eyes were red, from her neverending cries the previous night. She realizes she slept inside of Aiden's room. her heart felt heavy once again as soon as she awoke.

Everything seems to remind her of him. Who knew the lost of him could affect her so much like this?

With a heavy sigh, she slowly got up and exited Aiden's room only to be met with two of her dearest friends, smiling softly at her.

"Good morning." They both said in unison before pulling her into a warm embrace.

Ah, she felt like crying again. Their warm embrace made all the emotions she tried to bottle up starts spilling.

She couldn't hold it in anymore and she softly sobs in their loving arms. How she yearned to turn back time at this point.

"Why..." The question kept lingering on her mind and she kept uttering the same word over and over again like a broken radio.

Her two friends lent their shoulders in silence as they didn't know what to reply to her. After what seemed like half an hour, she stopped crying.

She pulled away and gave the both of them a smile. "Where's Iris?" She asks softly.

"She's waiting outside. You know very well she can't stand seeing you cry." Kai replied, gently wiping her tears.

"Yeah. Let's continue on, shall we? I'm sure Aiden wouldn't want you to keep being like this." Eleyya comforted her.

Aeliana nodded softly and thanked the both of them. A few minutes later, the three of them exited the treehouse. Iris was waiting for them with a sad smile on her face.

Upon seeing Aeliana, she wasted no time and immediately hugged her, wrapping Aeliana in a warm and comforting embrace.

"We'll get through this together, no matter what. For Aiden." She whispered to her before letting go.

Hearing words of encouragement from Iris made Aeliana looked at her. She then realizes she wasn't the only one feeling sad and angry over Aiden's death.

That, she wasn't alone.

A new feeling burns inside her. A hope. A new fire. With that, she strengthen her heart with the hope to push forward. For her loved ones.

She nodded in determination and the four of them set out to hunt those who caused pain and suffering to their beloved.

*

In Daylight Prairie

It was chaotic. Screams and shrill were everywhere. Everything was in flames, just like what happened to Aeliana's village months ago.

This scene caused her blood to boil with anger. She clenched her fists tightly, causing blood to oozes out in between her fingers. Eleyya who was beside her notice this and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down. Take a deep breath." She suggested. Aeliana slowly took a deep breath, calming herself down and nodded at her. Signaling she was okay now.

She stopped herself from letting anger consumed her rationality. She then thinks carefully on how they need to approach this situation and try to keep the casualties at minimum.

She then thought of an idea. She brought out her wand and chanted something causing her three friends in front of her to be engulfed in a white aura.

"What...is this, Aeliana?" Kai asks as the white aura around them dissipates.

"You can channel my power through your weapons now and kill those dark creatures. It won't go away. Consider it a blessing." She smiles at them, earning a surprised look from the three people.

"Be careful though. May you be protected by my blessings." She gave them one last smile before jumping out of their hiding place and ran towards some of the dark dragons and taking them down in one swoop.

The three looked at each other and nodded before carrying out their strategy to defend the daylight prairie with minimal casualties.

The fight was intense. Aeliana took out almost all of the dark dragons but somehow their number wasn't decreasing. This raised a suspicion to her.

She then notices at the southwest end of the village, a portal was spewing dark creatures from it. She found the source. Without wasting any time, she quickly ran to the portal and channeled her power into the portal, closing it off forcefully.

After making sure it was closed, she continued to wipe out the dark creatures.

"Aeliana! There are 4 portals around here that needed to be closed!" She heard Iris yelled from somewhere.

She looked around and spotted her battling a dark soldier on her own. Aeliana immediately went in to help her, stabbing the soldier in the heart using her imbued sword, making him dispersed into particles.

"Are you okay?" She look at Iris before helping her stand back up.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for the help. By the way, there are 4 portals around here that spews out monsters."

"One at southwest, one at northeast, the other near south of southeast and the last one near north of northwest." Iris explains. Aeliana nodded at her before going to all those places to close the portals.

She already closed one so three more portals to go. She made quick work of the two portals and finally arrived at the last one..the northeastern portal.

As she was about to approach the portal, a black figure jumped in front of her causing her to retreat back in an instance.

"Nox.."