Chapter 21: Healing

Aidens pov:

"Can I polish your nails?" Mia asks me with a hopeful grin while messing with my fingers. As much as that smile makes me what to say yes.

"No" I say pulling my hand away from her. Her smile falls and is replaced with a frown. It hurts my heart but I'm still not letting her polish my nails. She goes to get off my lap and I grip her waist making her stay. "What are you doing" I say unhappily.

"Going to look for someone who will let me polish their nails" she says innocently, shrugging her shoulders. I know what she's doing. And it's working. I yank her back down and she laughs at me. She knows what she was doing. I grumble unhappily as she reaches over and grabs the hot pink polish from her side table.

Oh lord help me.

She opens up the little bottle and starts to paint my nails. I stare at her beautiful face as she focuses on my hand. I don't know how I got so lucky with her.

Telling her about my family and about my heart getting worse was scary. I thought she'd tell me she didn't want to be with me anymore. That she wouldn't want a lost cause. But she didn't, I shouldn't have expected her too. She's not like my parents, she's so different. She's more than I deserve. She's healing me. We're healing each other.
I'd do anything for this girl even if it kills me. I'd do anything to make sure she's safe and happy.

Her teeth chew on her bottom lip as she stays focused on my hand. Driving me insane. She is so oblivious to the things she does to me. If she didn't look so focused right now I'd take her clothes off and kiss all over body. But I keep my control because she looks so gorgeous when she's focused.

I sit there quietly admiring her as she paints my nails. Then I remember I needed to ask her something.

"Do you want to go to a beach house with Reggie and Rylee this weekend?" I ask her. Reggie texted me the other day and told me him and Rylee were going up to his parents beach house for the weekend and wanted me and Mia to come with them.

She looks up at me and nods excitedly. "Yes yes yes!" She cheers wiggling on my lap. Fuck.

I grab her hips and grit my teeth. "Jesus Mia" I grit out. She gives me an apologetic smile before calming down. We have 2 days before the weekend so she feels the need to pack now. When she's finished painting my nails she jumps off my lap and goes to her closet starting to pack.

She's excited.

The smile on my face drops when I realize I have to go home so I can pack. Mia comes out of the closet and sees the expression on my face. She comes and sits next to me in the bed.

"Whats wrong?" She asks, confusion lacing her tone.

"I have to go home. To pack" I explain to her. Realization crosses her features and she shakes her head. "It's okay angel. I'll be fast" I tell her trying to calm her down.

"I'll come with you. He didn't hit you when I came with you last time" she say nodding her head. No no. She is not going there. It was a mistake taking her with me the last time. She could've gotten hurt.

"No Mia, absolutely not." I shake my head standing from the bed. "I shouldn't have brought you there the last time" I say.

"Please don't go alone. Please let me go with you" she begs me coming to stand in front of me. Fuck. I can't let her win this. She grabs my shirt and pulls herself closer to me. "Aiden please" she begs again looking up at me.

I grab her face in my hands and press a kiss to her forehead. "I'll be back. I promise I'll be back in 20 minutes tops" I whisper down at her. Tears start to pour down her face as she realizes I'm not going to give in. My heart cracks in my chest. I pull her face into my chest and breathe in her scent. "I'll be right back" I reassure her before placing a soft kiss on her lips. She nods her head.

"I love you" she whispers up at me. My heart flutters at her angelic voice.

"I love you Mia" I mumble against her forehead.

I'm not going to lie I was only keeping my cool for her. I'm terrified of walking in there.

I pull up to the house and slowly step inside. It's quite. I don't look around in case they are somewhere on here. I head straight to my room and start to pack what I need. It takes me 15 minutes to get finished and I quickly head down the stairs and back out of the door.

They were either passed out somewhere or they weren't there. I almost never get a clean shot in and out like that. As I'm driving my phone buzzes a few times. I know it's probably Mia, I told her 20 minutes and iv been gone for 35. I don't look at the message because I'm driving and I'm right down the road from her house.

I pull into her driveway and leave my suitcase in the car. I go back up to Mias room and as soon as I open the door I see her pacing the room with her phone in her hand.

The sight breaks my heart. She's probably been stressing the entire time.

She whips her head towards the door once I open it and runs towards me. She jumps in my arms, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. My arms wrap around her and she shoves her face in my neck.

"I was worried about you. Why didn't you answer your phone" her voice comes out muffled against my skin.

"I'm sorry baby, I was right down the road when you started texting me" I tell her running my hand up and down her back. She only nods her against me.

She pulls her head out of my neck looking all over my face. "Did they hurt you" she whispers. I shake my head at her before walking towards the bed and sitting against the headboard with her still in my lap.

She stares at me for a second before gently placing her lips on mine. My body shivers as she runs her hands through the back of my hair. I kiss her harder making her moan against me. I tangle our tongues together while I drag my hands up the back of her shirt making goosebumps rise on her skin.

We stay like this for what feels like hours. With her slightly digging her hips into mine, making me groan into her mouth. She feels so good against me.

Our make out eventually comes to an end and she falls asleep on my chest. I twirl her blonde hair around my hot pink fingers while using my other hand to slowly rub her back.

This girl is healing me. She's so close to my heart it scares me. But she's healing me.

----------
🤍🤍
I don't really like this chapter but it's cute.

You guys are going to absolutely loveeee the next 2 chapters. I know I doooo.

See you in two days!!

A vote is appreciated🤍

Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚