Bad Date

A/N: I've been writing a lot of Nick helping Charlie, so I thought I'd do one of Charlie helping Nick! Thank you for all the reads and comments it means a lot! <3

Nick sat at the cafe, waiting for his 'date' anxiously. The only person who knew he preferred guys over girls was his best friend Charlie, who he met in form class. Charlie was the only person who could make him smile lately. Before Nick got the chance to ask Charlie out, his dad decided to set him up with some girl that he knows. His dad would much rather want him dating a girl than a guy, even if he claims that he's fine with Nick being bisexual.

At this point, Nick would do anything for Stephane. When he was a kid he even joined rugby since his dad asked him too, but luckily ended up liking it and was good at it. Rugby was the only thing that the father and son could bond over, well, and girls. Nick didn't want to admit it but he was afraid to loose some of the bonding which is why he agreed to go on this date. Even if it meant for him to date a girl when he liked Charlie.

"Nick?" A teenage girl around his age asked. She had black hair that fell to her shoulders, green eyes. She was as skinny as a model, if you cared about that sort of thing which Nick didn't, and wearing a short pink dress. She's pretty yeah, but not as pretty as Charlie.

"Yeah! That's me, Hi." Nick got up to greet her. He was about to shake her hand but she pulled him close instead and kissed him.

This caught Nick by surprise; he wasn't expecting to kiss at the first date. Or he didn't really want to. Her lipgloss stuck to his lips, making him want to wipe it off instantly.

"I wasn't sure about being set up. You are very hot so now I'm fine with it." The girl giggled and sat at the table.

Nick chuckled awkwardly and sat with her. "Uh, thanks." He fiddled with the menu.

"I'm definitely going to get a salad. You know, to be healthy." The girl rambled to Nick. Nick tried not to make a face in response.

"Cool." Nick mumbled and looked at her. "I never got your name?" He asked to change the subject.

"Oh! I'm Ashley." Ashley chirped and smiled at him. She leaned closer and grabbed his hand.

"Pretty name." Nick nodded and looked at the menu.

"Thanks!" Ashley giggled. "So what do you want to do for a living?" She asked.

Nick smiled in relief, at least she is asking normal kind of questions now.

"I'm not sure. Im currently going to go to Leeds with my scholarship thanks to playing rugby and maybe-" Nick tried tried to say but she squeaked, interrupting him.

"You play rugby! That's so goddamn attractive. I'd love to see you in those rugby shorts, ugh. I knew you were some kind of athlete with those arms." Ashley groaned and rubbed nick's knee under the table.

Nick chuckled nervously and moved his knee away. "Yeah. Sure." He mumbled. After they ordered, and of course she got the salad Ashley moved so she was sitting right next to Nick at the booth.

"I'd love to sneak to the bathroom, I can give you a blowjob." Ashley whispered to Nick.

Nick tensed and moved away, he got up and quickly thought of a way to escape. The date was going so bad it was like a cringe teenage movie.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." Nick rambled.

Ashley pouted, "I can join you-" she tried but Nick rushed to the bathroom before she could ask.

"Ew ew ewwww." Nick said as he paced the bathroom,  He did the first thing that came to his mind, calling Charlie.

"Hello?" Charlie asked. Nick smiled in relief at the familiar voice and sat on the bench that was in the bathroom.

"Char. My god, this date is going so bad. Please come pick me up and think of an excuse." Nick begged with a whine to show how desperate he was.

Charlie chuckled in confusion and got up. "Alright, I'll come by to save you." He hummed, causing Nick to blush at the teasing tone.

"My knight in shining armor." Nick chuckled, feeling better already.

"On my way! The cafe down town right?" Charlie asked as he grabbed his keys since he just got his license after he turned 17.

Nick chuckled in relief, "yes."

Nick walked back to the table  of the bathroom and sat down with with Ashley. The waiter came and gave them the salad and chicken tenders, fries that Nick ordered.

"Did you get those off the children menu?" Ashley snorted in disgust.

Nick got confused "uh, yeah! I find it being a good portion for lunch so I get the children one instead."

Ashley rolled her eyes. "That is so childish." Nick frowned a bit, that made him feel insecure.

"Nick?!" Nick looked up in relief as Charlie had walked into the cafe urgently. Thank god Charlie was a good actor.

"thank god, your mom sent me to get you Nellie got out and needs your help finding her." Charlie squeaked and pulled Nick up.

"Hey! We are on a date here?" Ashley scuffed.

"His dog is more important." Charlie sassed Ashley. Nick snorted a bit and grabbed his bag, good one Charlie.

"Whatever!" Ashley stormed out of the cafe. As soon as she walked out, Nick pulled Charlie into a hug. Charlie squeaked in surprise, but hugged back.

"Thank you so much. The date was awful, she even wanted
to hook up in the bathroom." Nick shivered and made a face.

Charlie giggled and pulled Nick into a hug. "Oh my, I'm sorry Nicky." He said softly.

Nick blushed and hid in Charlie's shoulder, feeling better already.

Charlie always made things better.