Not So Bad

A/N: I wanted to write a one-shot on Nick and Tao's friendship,
I don't know why I haven't yet!
• I'm thinking this takes place sometime in season one

Tao didn't understand why Charlie adored the "rugby king" Nick Nelson so much. Nick was all his best friend talked about lately and it was getting quite annoying. He finally got a chance to escape from the conversation as the bell rang and walked to his locker to get his stuff for class.

Tao didn't understand why Charlie liked Nick until the next thing happened. 

Harry Greene decided to walk up to him and slam his locker shut in his face before he was done getting his books.

Tao drew a sharp breath, it was way too early in the morning to deal with this bullshit. This sort of thing made him wish that he was homeschooled.

"I'm just trying to get my books, can you fuck off?" Tao asked Harry.

Harry smirked and leaned against the lockers, "If only Charlie talked back like that, he wouldn't be bullied so much."

The fact that Harry dared to mention Charlie made him want to shove Harry off a cliff. "Don't talk about Charlie." Tao turned to Harry, "What do you want?" He asked in annoyance.

"I want you to stop making comments to me in front of my mates," Harry told Tao, crossing his arms. "I only make those comments because you bother me and my friends. I'll stop making those comments once you stop being such a dick." Tao snapped.

As if on Cue, when Harry raised his fist to punch Tao, Nick walked over to them. "What's going on?" Nick asked, he knew Harry was causing Tao trouble.

"Tao is being a bitch." Harry snarled.

"I swear to god." Tao tried to get Harry back with a punch but Nick pulled him back. "Tao, he's not worth it," Nick said softly. "You're right." Tao sighed, he couldn't believe Nick was right for once.

Nick was helping him out...
Tao guessed this meant he couldn't not like Nick anymore.

"Just piss off Harry," Nick ordered.

Harry rolled his eyes and walked away, not wanting to get another detention. Nick turned to Tao with worry shining in his eyes, he knew how Harry could affect people. "You okay?"

Tao grabbed his bag that got dropped in the process of Harry slamming his locker and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you, Nick." He said.

Nick smiled at him, he hoped this meant that there would be no more tension between them. He knew Tao was being protective over Charlie, so he hoped this showed Tao that he could protect Charlie and his friends no matter what.

"I guess you're not so bad." Tao sighed and grabbed his books for class as the bell rang.

Nick's whole face light up like an excited Golden Retriever. "Why thank you Tao."

"Yeah don't flatter yourself." Tao joked and walked off to class. Nick stood there and couldn't help but chuckle, he could not wait to tell Charlie about this.

A/N: hope you guys liked it! I know it's a short chapter but hopefully the next one will be longer :) xx