Rainbow Pin

Charlie walked into school he was wearing a rainbow pin on his school uniform jacket. The young teenager wanted to challenge himself after being outed; to be proud of who he was and show it off; It was Mr.Ajayi's idea.

He was about to go to Nick, who was waiting for him by his locker, but oofed in confusion as a teacher pulled him aside.

"You're not allowed to wear pins on your uniform jacket, it's against the rules." The teacher said.

Charlie frowned in confusion, "but Mr.Ajayi said I could." he tried. The teacher Charlie didn't know sighed in frustration.

"That Mr.Ajayi is always causing trouble. He tried to talk to the boss about canceling this rule and when he didn't get his way he continued to wear it. Take off that pin and give it to me, now." The teacher demanded, holding out her hand to take it.

Charlie sighed in frustration and handed the pin to her. "Truham claims to be a "non-bullying" yet even the fucking teachers are homophobic." He mumbled to himself, not meaning for the teacher to hear...

But she did. "Charlie Spring you are suspended for a week." The teacher huffed. Charlie stared at the teacher in shock, "What!? For wearing a fucking pin!?" He argued.

Nick looked over as he heard Charlie raise his voice, which he never does in school, and walked over to see what was going on.

"Hey, what's up?" Nick asked and looked at Charlie to make sure he was okay. Charlie sighed, "I got suspended for wearing a pin." He motioned to the rainbow pin that Ms.Winchester was holding.

"Suspended?" Nick asked in shock. "But miss, Charlie never gets in trouble and-" he tried but watched as Ms.Winchester walked off.

"Unbelievable." Charlie sighed and grabbed his bag, "Well, I guess I'm going to the office now." He kissed Nick softly.

Nick pouted and rubbed Charlie's side, "Alright. I'll go tell Mr.Ajayi what happened." He suggested.
Charlie nodded and walked to the office, chewing his lip. He knew that the office is going to call his parents to bring him home and they are going to be pissed that he talked back to a teacher. He's never been in trouble before, and now he got suspended for a PIN!

"Ms.Winchester called and told me what happened. I now have to call your parents to inform them and for them to pick you up." The lady working at the receptionist's desk said.

Charlie nodded and sat down on one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs they keep in the office.

Could this day get any worse?

"Why is my son suspended?" Julio demanded as he walked in with Jane who looked pissed off.

'Okay yes, this day can get much worse.' Charlie thought to himself as he sunk into the uncomfortable chair. He avoided eye contact with Jane as she looked at him.

"I don't know the full story of what went down, but Mrs.Winchester said that he sassed back her." The receptionist explained.

Charlie chewed his lip as his mom looked at him, disappointed. "You sassed a teacher?!" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I sassed her because she took my LGBTQ pin and said it was against school policy to wear a pin on my uniform jacket." Charlie explained,

"She was being homophobic! I saw another kid wearing some kind of sports team pin and the school didn't say shit about that!" Charlie ranted, he took a deep breath trying to calm down.