Party

Charlie walked into a party with Tao and Elle. They had dragged him there since he was at home, moping about Nick being away at university.

The couple was now long-distance as Nick went to university this year. At the same time, Charlie is in his senior year.

Elle's words were, "you need to have some fun." Charlie agreed, but the other part of him wanted to be having fun with Nick instead. He missed having his golden retriever boyfriend anytime he wanted. He took that for granted.

"You're thinking about Nick." Elle hummed, handing him a soda mixed with Vodka.

"When am I not?" Charlie groaned and sipped, "you put vodka in this!" He whined out. "You got to loosen up a bit, Charlie." Elle chuckled and looked at Tao, who nodded in agreement.

"Fine." Charlie chuckled and followed his two best friends out to the dance floor. He took a sip and began to dance with them. For the first time in a week, he wasn't obsessing over his phone, if Nick texted or not; it felt good. In other words, Charlie was grateful for Elle and Tao.

"When did you start wearing Leather?" Elle asked as they began to dance.

Charlie looked down at his outfit and wearing black leather pants and a red dress shirt for the party. "I'm feeling more confident now." He admitted.

Elle squeaked and hugged Charlie tightly, "I'm so proud of you!" She shouted over the loud music. Charlie giggled and continued to dance with them, sipping his drink.

"We're going to go dance." Tao hummed. He pulled his girlfriend into the crowd.

Charlie walked to the drinks and filled his cup with regular soda. He didn't like to drink since he was underage, 17. He didn't see the point, even if his friends did it.

"Hey." A male's voice Charlie didn't recognize flirted with a hum. Charlie looked up and smiled shyly. He wasn't sure why this attractive brown-haired, blue-eyed guy would want to come up to talk to him.

"Hey?" Charlie nodded and sipped his soda.

"Want company?" The guy asked. He leaned up against the counter beside Charlie.

"Sure?" Charlie shrugged. He could tell that he was flirting but didn't want to seem rude. He had trouble saying no to others, and he was too nice for this world.

"Want to add some spice to that drink?" He smiled and reached over to the vodka.

"Uhm, no, thank you," Charlie said as the guy leaned closer. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"I'm Jason, by the way." Now known as Jason, flirted. "I'm Charlie." Charlie nodded and sipped his drink.

***

Nick sat at his dorm, bored out of his mind. He's supposed to be working on his essay for English, but the thought that was taking over his mind was Charlie.

Nick checked his phone for the thousandth time that night and pouted. Charlie was offline, which was good! He knew he shouldn't be waiting for his boyfriend to text all the time. Part of him was hoping they could call that night. He was glad Charlie was getting out, though, hopefully with Elle and Tao and not alone.

The phone dinged, meaning a notification. Nick excitedly picked up his phone, wanting it to be Charlie. But Nick was confused as it was a picture of Charlie talking to some guy sent from Imogen.

Imogen: [Image]
Imogen: at one of Harry's parties, and saw Charlie flirting with some guy !? :/

Nick's face fell. He stared at Imogen's text, not sure how to think of it. Yes, Nick knew that Charlie would never cheat on him, but part of him got jealous.

Nick should be talking to Charlie, not this random dude flirting with HIS boyfriend. He should be at that party dancing with his boyfriend, holding Charlie's waist, and kissing him. God, he missed Charlie so much.

Nick wasn't going to let this jealous feeling take over. He sat up and called Charlie. He sighed in relief as Charlie picked up after the first ring.

"My boyfriend's calling, so I got to go!" Charlie's voice echoed through the phone, and loud music was heard in the background.

Nick got confusion as a male voice he didn't recognize tried to get charlie to stay.

"No, I want to go," Charlie said sternly and walked off to a quieter place. "Hi!" He squeaked in excitement.

Nick smiled softly at the sound of his boyfriend's voice.

"Hi!" It was their inside joke. They always started their calls off by saying hi. "So, what's up, babe?" Charlie asked and sat outside.

"Imogen sent me a picture of you talking to a guy. Before becoming a jealous boyfriend, I wanted to talk to you and understand your story. Not Imogen's." Nick rambled.

Nick sighed in relief as he heard charlie giggle instead of getting mad at him for being jealous.

"I never thought that I would be able to make Nick Nelson jealous." Charlie hummed teasingly.

"Oh, hush you!" Nick laughed, the jealous feeling instantly melting away.

"I promise you, and the guy was flirting with me. I didn't want it. Your call got me away with it, so thank you." Charlie explained.

"God, I don't want anyone else flirting with you," Nick whined. Charlie blushed and fiddled with his shoelace as he sat on the curb.

"I won't let anyone. You're the only one I want." Charlie flirted with a soft smile.

"Same here." Nick giggled and hung up as Charlie said he had to go since Elle and Tao wanted to go home. He felt so lucky to have Charlie.