• Perfect Storm • |12|

September

September

Things happen in life for a reason. Good things. Bad things. There's nothing you can do about it.

I was given a life where I've had to struggle since birth. I've seen death, abuse, and rape from my own foster parents. But I've also seen how a real family lives, how the father treats his children and wife. How everyone is treated with love and I've never been given the chance to live like that.

I've lived in fear, pain, and agony. My life has been hell. But these past 2 months, I've been shown something new, something different. I've always feared men because of the so called father figures I was given. But Lewis has shown more attention and care than my own blood father did.

I've never had a boyfriend. Or friends, I've always been alone.

But what if I take the chance and let them in? What if the good things out rule the bad memories I've come to believe is my destiny?

If I take a leap of faith into this Perfect Storm in hopes I'll make it out alive.

❀❀❀

"But I haven't gone in a week." I say as I stand in between Lewis's legs while eating the pancakes that I made.

"Just come with me to work again." He buries his head deeper into my hair with his arms tightening on my waist. For the past week, I've gone to work with Lewis. He doesn't like Havana but I keep telling him that the club might be owned by an asshole but the club itself is amazing. Plus I love dancing, It's helped me when I felt I had nothing else to live for.

"I'm going to lose my job." I laugh softly and eat the rest of the bacon in my hand."I'll make sure you don't. If Stronel fires you he'll lose his biggest donator and best employee." I turn in his arms so that I'm facing him and he looks up at me.

"I doubt I'd be missed. The dancers there are amazing. Plus the only person who actually likes me is Quinn." He scoffs and places his hands on the back of my thighs lifting me up to sit on his lap.

"You're the only one bringing in business, trust me you'd be missed. And besides, you have more to offer than anyone there." He rubs up and down my bare thighs and I lean back, resting my elbows on the counter behind me.

"Ok, you have to say that. You're trying to gain my trust." He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes and looks down at his lap.

"That's not a complete lie but I do think you're an amazing dancer. But, it'd be good for me, because if he lost you id have my very own personal stripper." He says and looks back up at me with panty dropping smirk on his face.

Blush crosses my cheeks and I sit up straight playing with my hands in my lap."Dancer." I correct Lewis's previous statement and spin the chair so I could hop off of his lap."I have to go to Quinn's place. She wants to 'widen my horizons, which I know by that she means show me her shoe collection."