• Perfect Storm • | 37 |

December

December

"Please." It's been almost a week and I've had to resort to begging.

I can hardly feel my arms and legs due to the various bruises and my torso feels like it's on fire. I haven't eaten or had anything to drink the entire time I've been here.

If his plan was to make me feel like absolute hell, then mission accomplished.

"Please, can I eat or at least drink something? You're killing me." I cry and just for a second, Keith's facade fades and I can see the regret in his eyes.

But as fast as it came, it leaves and he glares at me. "You can eat when I'm dead." he spits.

He walks around the room, assessing the area. He drags his finger on the wall collecting dust as he does. He comes to a complete stop in front of me. He leans back on the wall and looks down at me.

I hug myself tighter against my knees. I feel gross. I feel helpless. I feel complete and utter despair. I feel thinner than I was when he brought me here.

Is this what I deserve? Was this what my life was preparing me for? This is how I'm going to die. In a weird room from starvation and abuse. I don't even know how id be recognized by many. I look worse than I ever have.

I jump when I hear Keith shift. He chuckled softly before lowering himself to my level. He sits crisscross in front of me.

He sighs before saying, "Look, it was never my plan to bring you here. I just-" he throws his head back into the wall and sighs heavily.

"I can't do this anymore. They've taken everything from me. I gave them life and they took it from me. They victimize themselves and make me the bad guy of the story." well.

"You just happen to be the closest person to my idiot son." he scoffs.

"They were kids," I say and as soon as the words leave my mouth, whatever vulnerable state he was in is now gone, replaced with a defensive one.

"What I did made them stronger. What kind of man doesn't go through some kind of trauma?" he says as if it was going to justify what he had done for years and apparently still does.

"They were kids," I repeat. "They didn't need to be stronger. They needed the only other parent they had. They needed a father."

"I did what was best for my children. You don't fucking know anything," he yells in my face. No, he did what was best for himself. He never cared about his children. Never.

What kind of father, what kind of man treats his own flesh and blood so harshly?

He lets out another heavy breath when I don't respond. "Look I can make this easier for you." when he sees that I haven't moved a muscle at his proposal he keeps going. "If you tell me all that you know about Lifetime Investments, I'll give you whatever you want. Within reason of course," he smirks at the end.

"I don't know anything." lies. I've sat in on conferences and online meetings with clients enough to know quite a lot about LI. Not that I'm telling this asshole anything.

He scoffs. "Bullshit, I know he never shuts his mouth about his stupid business because he's a workaholic. He got it from his old man, hell Lew was also my favorite." and yet he's doing all of this just to hurt him.

"Tell me now, or we can make this harder than it needs to be." I bury my head into my legs as a sign of rejection to his proposition.

He loses his patience and roughly grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him. "I'll be nice, then I have no choice but to resort to...other methods to get you to talk." I feel his nails digging into my cheeks, his hand clamped tightly around my jaw.

"Now, tell me all you know." I mentally and physically prepare myself for the consequences of my next words. My heart speeds up at the terrifying visions of what's to come.

"Fuck you." I grit out, his hand still on my mouth.

His face shifts into a tight scowl. "Fine, guess we're doing this the hard way." he snatches his hand away from me and tosses me over his shoulder.

I fight against him and struggle to get away from him. He opens a door to a room I have yet to see and walks in. he puts me down and hooks my hands to round, heavy, metal cuffs on the ceiling.

He leaves the room for a minute and I take this time to take in my surroundings. It's a small room, light blue paint covers the walls slightly peeling at the corners. On the walls, there are different tools, sharp tools.

They look almost like medical tools but much scarier. My heartbeat quickens as the footsteps return to the room.

A man with short, curly Auburn hair and pale skin walks in and shuts the door behind him. A wicked smile plays on his lips.

"Ello, lil lady. Ready to have fun, aye?"

•••

My head hangs limply as blood drips from my mouth.

I try my best not to fall unconscious. The Auburn-haired man has been at this constant torture for hours, at this point I've lost all control of my body. I feel like I'm submerged in boiling water.

I hear votes and try to zero in on the words being said. "Boss, she's not gonna crack. It's been almost 7 hours, I've run out of things to do to her and I'm fuckin' tired, mate" he complains.

"I don't care if you have to bring her close to death, get me something." I can tell that man was Keith, the footsteps storm away and the door swings open again.

I let my head fall so he thinks that I'm unconscious. He walks over to me, places his finger under my chin, and lifts my head. No matter what I keep my eyes shut.

"No sleepin' on the job, lil lady." he slaps my face so hard it swings to the other side.

When will this stop? When will I just be happy? When will I get to go home?

When?

 -super short chapter but just consider it a filler

-super short chapter but just consider it a filler. Also, my baby is going through it right now:(