• Perfect Storm • | 27 |

November

November

As I show Quinn around the beautiful and modern house, she looks at everything with pure excitement and awe.

This is the first time I've seen the whole place as well so I'm just as blown away as she is.

"Ooh, this is your room, Tori?" she asks as we walked into a room that has bags with name-brand logos on them placed all over the place.

Some on the bed, some on the floor, some peeking out of the walk-in closet me and Lewis share.

"Yea, well it's Lewis's room too," I reply, barely present In the conversation anymore as I'm walking towards the bed and looking into the bags. Quinn follows and opens a box that holds the most beautiful pair of heels I have ever seen.

She gasps and takes the shoe into her hands. "These are so...so I don't even know. It feels so expensive. I feel like just holding it is an honor in itself." she jokes and I look at her face that resembles a porcelain doll.

Her eyes are big and have a new sparkle as she takes in the shoe.

"Take it," I say in a soft voice. She looks taken back as her head swings to me.

"What?" her arms lower and her face fills with confusion as to why I would do this for her. "Take them. I know they'll look amazing on you." I smile genuinely but she puts the shoes back in the box and shakes her head.

"No, no I can't they were a gift to you and-"

I grab the box and shove it in her hands. "It's the least I can do for my best friend." she looks at me like a proud mother with tears in her eyes and a quivering smile on her face. She drops the box back on the bed and hugs me with so much strength behind the hug that I feel the air leaving my lungs.

I don't pull away no matter how painful the hug gets. I let her have the moment I'm sure she's been waiting months to have.

To finally have the person she's been calling her boyfriend, say is back to her.

After a few moments, she pulls away from me and wipes the tears from her eyes. "Thank you, Tori. You have no idea how much this means to me." to others, it might seem as though she's talking about the shoes, but to us? She's talking about the two words she's wanted to hear for all this time.

Over the course of 2 hours, she helps me put all of the shoes, clothes, belts, and bags away in the closet.

She lets out a relieved sigh that we're finally finished. She puts her hands on her hips and looks around the room. "Well, at least you have a different outfit for every day of the rest of your life."