• Perfect Storm • | 33 |

TW: SA/R@pe & Violence

November

I wake up to bright lights, the smell of hospital supplies, the faint sound of constant beeping, and voices all around me.

My eyes flutter open and I take in my surroundings. Two doctors look down at me shining lights in my eyes and the other person who looked like a nurse rewraps the tape on my hand. I feel needles and tubes all over my body, even in my mouth to help me breathe.

The pain I'm feeling is the worst I've ever felt, It's hard to keep myself from drifting off again. The stinging pain in my chest and leg overtakes my mind making it want to give in to the feeling.

"Hello Mr. Montgomery, how are you feeling?" The nurse asks and I don't know how she expects me to answer with the thick tube stuck down my throat.

"Oh, yea. The doctor said we'd try some breathing exercises once you woke up. Now, I need you to be very, very still for me, Okay?" Without waiting for a response she takes off the mask that covers my nose and mouth and I inhale the fresh air through my nose.

"Good job, now I'm going to take out the tube. If you have a hard time breathing, i'll put the mask back on." She gently pulls out the tube and at first, it's hard to find a steady breathing pattern, but then it comes to me as I take slow and steady breaths.

"Good, now you won't be able to eat solids yet and your on Lidocaine Injection so when it wears off, you'll be in pain but you just push this button, and ill be here in an instant." She nods at the other two before leaving the room.

"We're just here to check your vitals and make sure everything is stable, then we'll be out of your hair." The doctor closest to me smiles encouragingly as the other writes down the numbers on the black screen above my bed. Everything that happened comes back to me in a rushed blur. It's foggy but it's there.

The thing that's most clear? I almost died.

"Alrighty, so everything seems to be fine, not great, but fine. Bad news, since the bullets barely missed your heart, your subject to needing assistance with tubes that would lead from your heart to the organs that aren't receiving enough blood. Good news is, we don't know for sure if you'll need that, yet. So we'll need to keep you here for a few days to run some tests, labs, internal scans, that sort of thing."

Questions, so many questions and yet I can't find my voice. I can't move my body.

All of this because of that son of a bitch. My life has changed because of him. If I end up needing these tubes in my chest, how will I work? I won't be taken seriously, ill be at the hospital all the time, there's just no way anything would be the same.

I fucking hate him.

"Well, you've got some people waiting outside for you, so we'll give you all some privacy." The doctors leave the room after finishing up with their notes.

Perfect Storm On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara