The Truth

—Kill me, and the letter is yours.

Dante could feel that without a doubt, Thomas was not lying.

"Hm, well, I suppose it doesn't matter, since as of right now, you are the princess' slave."

Saying those words, Dante forced Thomas out of the room, and by this point, the guilds had finished their testing, so they left.

Now, it was just the Death Worshippers, who were waiting for the brothers.

Thomas slowly walked over to the throne room, and the king was outraged.

"Calm down, king Julius. Listen, I made a deal. He's the princess' slave."

"S-slave, huh?"

The princess smiled, and hugged onto her dads arm.

"W-well, if it's like that, then I suppose he doesn't need to die."

"B-but-"

"Please, he doesn't have to die!"

"F-fine."

Getting the king to agree, the princess got out of her throne, and walked down to Thomas, slapping him.

Thomas would have fought back, but if he did, his brother may have ended up suffering with him.

"Hmph, it seems the slave knows his place, now doesn't he? Hm, do you perhaps know of a way to make him suffer, Dante?"

Thomas glared at the princess, and punched her in the back of the head as she turned towards Dante.

The guards immediately held him down on the floor, as the princess was in shock.

"Dante, do you remember what I promised you? If you know what's good for you-"

The princess got back up and kicked Thomas in the face while he was on the ground.

Dante smiled, and took out his sword.

Thomas had his head raised, and Dante's sword was placed against his neck, penetrating ever so slightly, leaving a trickle of blood to fall down his neck.

"Well, you attacked the princess, so it's only fair that you receive punishment, right? Don't worry, I know of a fate far worse than death waiting for you."

Thomas' eyes widened with despair, as he cried out for Dante to stop.

However, the wolf would not be so merciful.

"You really are the worst, aren't you? You've committed such an act, and yet you try to sweep it under the rug. I believe you brothers need to learn. He needs to learn the truth, and you need to learn that your actions have consequences.

"N-no... no no no! Kill me, please, just don't tell him! Please, please, please! I'd rather die, just kill me, please don't tell him!"

Thomas' heart was pushed to the brink of despair, as the wolf taunted him for his sins.

"Big bro..."

Thomas turned his sights towards David, who looked down at his brother with confused sadness.

"Tell me, do you hide the truth to protect him, or to protect yourself?"

Dante walked over to Thomas, and rested his foot on his head, planting his face into the floor.

"You let go of my—grah!"

David tried to help his brother, but the guards held him down as well.

The rest of the Death Worshippers looked with disappointment at the sight.