Chapter 24: James! Shut up!

Sirius pov

Y/n was sitting at her desk drawing something while I was in my room across the hall. James and Mr potter were 0ut and Mrs potter was at the store. I looked down the hall and saw her looking out the window before back down at the paper. I've been sat watching her for a while. I try not to stare too much but it's hard.

"Darling I can feel you staring," she said not turning around. My eyes widened and I looked away.

"Shut up," I said.

"No. It's cute!"

I sighed and looked back at her quickly before getting up.

"What are you drawing," I asked leaning on her doorway.

"You can see when it's done. I'm close" she said still drawing. I sighed and started walking over to her. She turned around.

"No! You can't see yet!" She said with a small smile. She stood up and walked over to me. "If I give you a kiss will you go sit back down and wait" I gave the option some thought.

"Yeah"

She laughed a little before going on her tip-toes to kiss my lips. My arms wrapped around her waist comfortably while hers went behind my neck. She pulled away.

"Now give me like twenty minutes and you'll be able to see," she said.

"Ok," I said before kissing her forehead. I walked back to my room and watched her for a little longer occasionally seeing her look at the window. After she called me in. I walked in and wrapped my arms around her shoulders and rested my chin on her head. I looked down at the picture and I saw a drawing of me through the reflection of the window.

"Is that why you kicked me out?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah," She said tilting her head up to look at me. I pecked her lips.

"It's amazing love"

"Not as amazing as you," she said with a small laugh.

"Hey I said stop that"

"Never"

I shook my head and pecked her lips again. She turned her chair towards me and stood up before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into a hug. I slowly wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.

"What's this for," I asked.

"I don't know. Just wanted to hug you" she said muffled into my shoulder.

James pov

Me and dad got home and I headed upstairs. I was walking past y/ns room when I saw them hugging. They were slightly swaying from side to side. A smile grew on my face before I walked away. I walked into my room and looked at the small picture of me and y/n on my desk. We were around four and five in this picture. It's my favorite because of how happy she looked. It's hard to see her that happy these days. I heard a knock on the door.

"Whatcha looking at," dad asked.

"My picture" I answered

"The one with y/n"

I nodded

"Is something wrong?" dad asked walking in.

"It's just...I haven't seen her this happy in ages" I said. "And now these nightmares are getting worse and she's feeling worse and I don't know what to do. I feel like I should be protecting her from these things but I'm not doing good enough and I can't figure out how to help"

"Hey listen. I know how you feel. This is how I feel every day about her. But we just have to be there for her. Ok. She'll get better. It's going to take time but things have happened and we can't understand those things. We just have to listen to her."

"Alright"

"Why don't you three head out together for the day? Have some fun that isn't here"

"Ok. I'll ask the two love birds"

Dad laughed and patted my shoulder.

"Hey she'll be making fun of you when you start dating that redhead girl"

"Dad!"

He laughed again before getting up and walking out. I sighed and got up and walked to y/ns room. Music was playing softly and could be heard a little out the door. I looked in and saw Sirius spinning y/n to the music. She had a huge smile on her face. He was laughing a little.

"I love you so much," he said pulling her into his chest and kissing her head.

"I love you more," she said

"I love you most"

She laughed a little. I had a smile on my face watching them. I leaned on the doorframe for a couple of minutes. I then made eye contact with y/n who had looked over.

"Hi James" she said with a smile.

"Wha-" Sirius turned his head."Oh hey mate"

"Hi" I walked in and sat on
Y/ns bed. Y/n sat next to me and Sirius sat in her chair.

"Couple weeks then back to Hogwarts" Sirius muttered.

"Don't say that. Please. That's way too quick" y/n whispered before leaning her head on my shoulder.

"That means our last year," I said looking at Sirius

"Stop! No!" Y/n whined. "I don't want to hear that!"

I chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Sirius laughed too.

"Aw, are you going to miss us?" He taunted

"Yes that's the problem" she answered. Sirius smiled at her.

"Well probably miss you too" I said

"Probably!? You better?" She said pushing me. I laughed and pushed her back.

"Hey don't push my girlfriend," Sirius said with a smile.

"I'll do what I want," I said back pushing her again. Sirius gasped and got up. He walked over and picked up y/n.

"No. My girlfriend. You don't get to push her"

She was laughing as he carried her back to the chair he was sitting in before. He sat her in his lap and kissed the back of her neck.

"Ok fine I won't push your girlfriend" I groaned

"Good" he muttered into her shoulder.